PDA

View Full Version : [ask] how to get iphone 3G prepaid

holynitro2009
18th October 2008, 02:22 PM
hi guys... i want to ask here.. about how to get the iphone 3G which is prepaid in Australia?

please give me some solution... and where i can get ? i mean the place to buy.. like optus world store or apple store..

thanks a lot.. :D

Piratbyran
18th October 2008, 02:23 PM
Optus or telstra would be your best bet, indonesia?

holynitro2009
18th October 2008, 03:30 PM

but which store? because many of them are run out of stock for prepaid iphone.. please specify.. thanks

Barwang
18th October 2008, 05:15 PM
I got my 16 year old son a 3G iPhone pre paid from Telstra at Warriewood on the Northern Beaches,

holynitro2009
19th October 2008, 02:35 AM

I got my 16 year old son a 3G iPhone pre paid from Telstra at Warriewood on the Northern Beaches,

thanks for info i'll try tomorrow.. :)

beckcollect
19th October 2008, 05:57 AM
Got mine from Optus, Malvern (SA).

holynitro2009
21st October 2008, 01:10 PM
still not found the iphone.. >.<

anyone could help me..? thanks... :)

OziMac
21st October 2008, 01:17 PM
Do you want to be a little more specific?

Given that your info says that you're from Indonesia and you've only asked for 'in Australia', it may be difficult for us to assess how best to help you.

So - where exactly in Australia are you looking for a prepaid iPhone? And are you a Telstra mobile customer already?

holynitro2009
21st October 2008, 04:42 PM
Do you want to be a little more specific?

Given that your info says that you're from Indonesia and you've only asked for 'in Australia', it may be difficult for us to assess how best to help you.

So - where exactly in Australia are you looking for a prepaid iPhone? And are you a Telstra mobile customer already?

hi there... yes.. i'm from indonesia... but i have my sister at melbourne.. and i have cousin at sydney.. but , i prefer to search the iphone at melbourne.. any info? where i can buy the iphone pre paid? thanks a lot... :)

i thought .. i want to buy iphone outright.. which pre paid or else... but at reasonable price.. can be unlock.. and can be use for any networks...

anyone could help me..? thanks..

khalil
21st October 2008, 09:42 PM
dick smith should sell them prepaid but locked on vodafone, or have you tried the apple store??

holynitro2009
21st October 2008, 09:50 PM
dick smith should sell them prepaid but locked on vodafone, or have you tried the apple store??

sorry.. who's dick smith?? i already tried the apple store.. and they said that not selling the iphone outright or prepaid..

Carve
21st October 2008, 10:14 PM
sorry.. who's dick smith?? i already tried the apple store.. and they said that not selling the iphone outright or prepaid..

the brains behind the famous matches "Dickheads" and inventor of Microsoft :p

khalil
23rd October 2008, 06:03 PM
dick smith is a retailer here in Australia, they have stores in both Sydney and Melbourne, also JB-Hifi should sell them prepaid on telstra with the option to unlock too

holynitro2009
23rd October 2008, 06:44 PM
dick smith is a retailer here in Australia, they have stores in both Sydney and Melbourne, also JB-Hifi should sell them prepaid on telstra with the option to unlock too

what the name of the stores? and where? i've already check on JB-Hifi but the price was so high! not reasonable price i thought.

Antares
25th October 2008, 09:45 AM
i got mine from jb-hifi for $900 for the 16gb. its locked to telstra, thus i have to shell out an extra $150 to get it unlocked.

is it still $900 now? just for your information, the outright price for a 16gb is around $850.. and as far as i know, they are just going to sell outright iphones til theyre out of stock. CMIIW.

or you could always ask your cousin/sister to get you the optus 12 months plan, as there is no unlocking fee for phones that are on contract.

timwhite15
25th October 2008, 12:01 PM
Get your cousin in Sydney to go to the Telstra Shop at Rhodes. They have both capacities in either black or white. 16GB is $847 outright (but locked to Telstra of course).

Huy
25th October 2008, 12:04 PM
If you're desperate you can try eBay and watch for dodgy sellers.

kristian
25th October 2008, 12:42 PM
Or try the Optus store on the corner of Collins and Elizabeth at in Melbourne CBD. It's about $840 for the 16 gb + another $80 credit top up to qualify for the unlock. This is a prepaid iPhone.

holynitro2009
27th October 2008, 01:33 AM
hi all.. thanks for the support.. i'll try .. because i'm little bit busy hehe.. i'll get you more info after i try.. regards..

i got mine from jb-hifi for $900 for the 16gb. its locked to telstra, thus i have to shell out an extra $150 to get it unlocked.

is it still $900 now? just for your information, the outright price for a 16gb is around $850.. and as far as i know, they are just going to sell outright iphones til theyre out of stock. CMIIW.

or you could always ask your cousin/sister to get you the optus 12 months plan, as there is no unlocking fee for phones that are on contract.

Hi there.. thanks for the response.. in JB Hifi i asked around AUD 1100 - 1200 .. include the unlock with telstra.. that so expensive right? hehe.. i'll lookin at 800 to 900 include the unlock.. thanks for info anyway..

snus
28th October 2008, 11:42 AM
Does anybody knows where i can buy a prepaid iphone3g in the area of cairns? i thought it isnīt possible to buy one as prepaid... and unlock it.
thanks

stevejay
28th October 2008, 11:58 AM

Dick Smith Electronics - Australia's most knowledgeable electronics retailer (http://www.dse.com.au)

drewbles
28th October 2008, 12:04 PM
Maybe try a ring around. whitepages.com.au - Search for an Australian Business, Government or Person (http://www.whitepages.com.au) you can search for 'Optus World' for Optus Stores, or just 'Vodafone' for Vodafone. Telstra I have no idea, but I dare say 'T Life' or similar (there aren't many T-Life stores around, but they are in Syd/Mel).

You may want to have your relatives call Optus, Telstra, Virgin and Vodafone and ask them which store could sell you a pre-paid. We don't know stock levels of stores anymore than you do :)