PDA

View Full Version : Folder Keeps Changing to Alias When Dropped To CD Window For Burning

DarkAvenger
13th October 2008, 11:50 PM
I'm using OS 10.5.5 on a Powermac and am trying to burn a folder containing some applications and utilities to CD (a TDK 750 MB CD-RW) to transfer to my Powerbook. The problem is everytime I drag the folder to the CD window OS X keeps turning the folder into an alias (little black arrow shows up to the bottom left of the folder) once its inside the CD window.

I've burnt data to the CD many times before and have never had this problem so why is it doing this now? Why won't it let me drag my folder to the CD without changing it to an alias?

banjo
14th October 2008, 05:44 PM
The burn folder is only a container of aliases to the real files. It doesn't copy them, it just points to them. Likely you just never noticed that they were aliases before.

Never fear though, when you burn the CD all will be well.

Domenic
14th October 2008, 06:23 PM
It doesn't matter. When it burns it will copy all your files.

DarkAvenger
14th October 2008, 08:31 PM
The burn folder is only a container of aliases to the real files. It doesn't copy them, it just points to them. Likely you just never noticed that they were aliases before.

Never fear though, when you burn the CD all will be well.

You are probably right that I just never noticed they were aliases before as the CD burned successfully.

kim jong il
14th October 2008, 11:30 PM
You are probably right that I just never noticed they were aliases before as the CD burned successfully.

Banjo is definitely on the money here. :)