PDA

View Full Version : Aperture software won't import

marks
12th October 2008, 04:38 PM
Hi my Apetrure software (suddenly) won't import images from my camera. I've been using it for around 6 months with no problems at all. I've uninstalled and re installed it (I used AppZapper to clear all entrails). I put the card from the camera into a different camera and still it didn't work. It displays only around 40% of the images on the card in the camera (in Aperture) and not the other 60%........ but then doesn't import any of the images.....the spinning icon just spins.....and spins...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Mark Sydney Oz

curientai
12th October 2008, 04:55 PM
You are not alone. I am experiencing the same when I was trying to import RAW from my Canon 400D.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Can't import Canon RAW's (400D) to ... (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1720793&tstart=0)

According to the apple discussion board, it appears to be the Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 2.2 update causing the problem... either Apple need to release a 2.2.1 or 2.3 update to address this issue, or we need to go back to 2.1 to resolve this problem...

marks
12th October 2008, 05:08 PM
Hmm curious......i've been importing RAW for quite a while....and now Aperture isn't working as it should. See above.

curientai
12th October 2008, 05:15 PM
As I said, the Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 2.2 update should be the one causing the problem...

marks
12th October 2008, 05:52 PM
Update! OK..... after much testing, re-testing, uninstalling and re-installing Aperture 5 (count 'em FIVE) times, using different USB ports, using two different cameras, two different cards and methodically going over every different scenario..... I've finally worked out that the card in the camera is faulty.....!

The camera is a Canon 400D and I've taken 9642 images..... so I guess something had to give!

I got the latest update also for Aperture and I'm now finally getting a message from Aperture that 'no images were updated because of corruption'..... or words to that effect.

So anyway....... There was no Aperture problem! I love Aperture software!

see some of my pics at:

Flickr: harbour_view2005's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/marksilvaphotos/)

thanks for your thoughts curientai much appreciated!