PDA

View Full Version : New Game - Call of Duty

mbd
23rd May 2004, 07:24 PM
I bought my copy of Call of Duty last week. It's great - just like Medal of Honour, but with some nice new visual/audio additions; When a mortar goes off near you, it's great - you lose all sound for a few seconds, fall onto the ground and everything goes a bit blurry. Great effect!

I've run through it at easiest level, and am now progressing through at 'Veteran' level, which is, not surprisingly, a lot harder.

Anyone else playing it?

decryption
23rd May 2004, 07:56 PM
I played it on PC a while ago, I managed to finish it in 2 days on medium difficulty. And I'm terrible at finishing most games :P

Heaps of fun though, World War 2 games haven't reached that annoying stage yet, hah

pipsqeek
23rd May 2004, 09:45 PM
I played it about 2 months back on the PC. Also finished it over a Friday evening, Saturday morning and Sunday morning, all up about 8 hours game play....glad I did not buy it. It would not be worth the money for really a days worth of game play.

Steve

cmetom
23rd May 2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by decryption@May 23 2004, 08:56 PM
Heaps of fun though, World War 2 games haven't reached that annoying stage yet, hah
Killing Nazis is a passtime which I can't see getting boring anytime soon. B) :lol:

Crambo
24th May 2004, 10:24 AM
Well it'd seem the FPS, and in particular sub-genre of WWII FPS, is a tireless hit with most gaming fans and I think one thing that makes them so worthwhile is the longevity found in multiplayer.

Shawry
24th May 2004, 01:18 PM
looking forward to the expansion pack coming soon for the PC version. If i can find it at a decent price ill get it for Mac for some LANning action!

pipsqeek
24th May 2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah,

I think deep down we geeks all want to be like Arnold Schwartzywhoisnamespellingalphabet.

I find BF1942 to be the best as far as playing around goes. CoD was short lived...too bad though because the game was quite graphic and the effects mentioned previously by RocketFactory. These are great effects that really get you right into the game.

I do like the flexibity of BF more that you can be different characters, even changing during the game by picking up dead guys stuff and dropping yours off.

Steve

anthony
27th May 2004, 12:44 PM
I picked up that game the other week too, seems like quite a fun game so far - although I can't help but feel it would be more responsive on Windows. I still think BF1942 is the best first person WWII game though.. :)

Shawry
27th May 2004, 10:49 PM
Ok well ive now been playing LANning CoD with my mates at tafe and its some wicked fun 8 player team deathmatch&#33; Pity my friends are all simpletons so we dont try the other multiplayer modes <_<

Currawong
28th May 2004, 10:42 AM
I love MOHAA, it got me back into playing games again. Call of Duty is certainly along the lines of what I like...I&#39;ll be trying it out this weekend for sure.

elvis
28th May 2004, 08:27 PM
It cracks me up how in the early years of gaming everything was about spaceships and aliens. Every game saw you battling it out in the future against an unkown enemy.

Fast forward 30 years, and everything is retro. We&#39;re seeing WWI and WWII games, GTA Vice City 80&#39;s flashbacks, and the like.

I guess tho, no matter what the era the whole "Knights of old" versus your big dragon thingis has always been a hit.

Anyways... I&#39;m rabling now. Back to my MAME arcade cabinet... :ph34r: