PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burning help

switchsnitch
6th October 2008, 12:41 PM
What's the best allround DVD burning app that can handle MP4/EyeTV files? Is it Toast, or is there a freeware/shareware app out there I can use that isn't too complicated and will work well on an iMac running Leopard?

Or do I have it already?
I have MacTheRipper, Handbrake, CD Revolution. None of these seems to be burners but then I'm sure it's right under my nose in the usual Mac apps and I can't see it....:confused:

cmrn
6th October 2008, 12:51 PM
Toast is defiantly the best app for burning on OS X, however it is a tad expensive (but not for what you get!). Other solutions can be found here (http://osx.iusethis.com/search?order=users&q=burning)

matthew858
6th October 2008, 12:57 PM
If you can't find any al-in-one app, you can us Hand Brake and iDVD. Works exactly the same and by the sound of it you have used these apps before so you should be familiar.

Syrecx
7th October 2008, 02:38 AM
i use handbrake and iDVD. its good enough. ;)

switchsnitch
7th October 2008, 07:21 AM
Well, I'm trying to learn these apps and know which is best for what but so far I've only figured out the basics.

I find iDVD bewildering... Which is the easiest push-one-button app?

Mac Ram
7th October 2008, 07:41 AM
I find iDVD bewildering... Which is the easiest push-one-button app?

Go for Toast - doesn't get much simpler.

bushbabe
7th October 2008, 10:06 AM
Hi

I have been burning eyetv files over the last few months successfully using iDVD

to burn in widescreen I export the file as 16:9 - widescreen to desktop, when completed export then open iDVD choose a simple theme and then and from the file menu import the video do whatever you want with the iDVD to suite yourself (ie pictures and music - which you can get from the eyetv file with snapshot and and export part of the soundtrack to itunes
and when you are happy with it press the burn button and it all happens. ..
the iDVD is already on your computer.

switchsnitch
7th October 2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for that bushbabe.

Just wondering now, what is the best app for editing the commercials out of TV programs??

edit: scratch that, just figured out how to do it in Eye TV. The rest will come to me, I'm sure.