PDA

View Full Version : Help! Since Tiger Install Photoshop Cs Has Issues

mikeb.aus81
1st May 2005, 08:34 PM
I need some help, i've installed Tiger on my G5 Powermac and whenever I try to open a file in photoshop i get the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have run Disk Utility to repair disk permissions - it didn't help, I reinstalled Photoshop with no luck. As I use photoshop daily for work I need some ideas on how to fix this - I'm trying to avoid a complete format of my mac. I have upgraded my laptop with Tiger and it has no issues with Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Screenshot of error

Wade Laube
1st May 2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by michaelbarnard@May 1 2005, 08:34 PM
I need some help, i've installed Tiger on my G5 Powermac and whenever I try to open a file in photoshop i get the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have run Disk Utility to repair disk permissions - it didn't help, I reinstalled Photoshop with no luck. As I use photoshop daily for work I need some ideas on how to fix this - I'm trying to avoid a complete format of my mac. I have upgraded my laptop with Tiger and it has no issues with Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Screenshot of error
I would check the Adobe site for known issues first. Then, failing that, I would do this:

Move 'Library'->'Application Services'->'Adobe' from your PowerBook to the same spot on your PowerMac, and

Move 'Users'->'[Your folder]'->'Library'->'Application Services'->'Adobe' from the PowerBook to the G5 again.

Doing this has gotten me out of trouble with Photoshop before.

Good luck.

Optogamut
1st May 2005, 10:45 PM
I had that happen on my G4 iMac, every time I'd try to open or create a file. I don't know what happened, but after restarting PS a few times it seems to be behaving now.

Not much help I know, but maybe yours will do the same.

neilrobinson
2nd May 2005, 02:25 AM
reinstall photoshop would be my recommendation - fixed someone with the same problem on #apple.

neil

hawker
2nd May 2005, 08:12 AM
Crap - don't tell me this people :(

iSlayer
2nd May 2005, 08:15 AM
it seems to work for everyone else so id guess its to do with the support files in your library

pilotezn
5th May 2005, 09:11 PM
having same "program error" issues :blink:

but if you get really stuck, which i am, you can still do some of the basics in imageready CS!?

it doesnt seem to be sharing the same error as its big sister :rolleyes:

mikeb.aus81
5th May 2005, 09:48 PM
Well I couldn't find a easy solution that worked. After checking Adobe forums the only solution that worked was a format HD and reinstall Tiger then do a complete fresh install of all apps. It was a pain but the silver lining is that my files are much more organised and everything is much much quicker.

pilotezn
6th May 2005, 12:51 AM
Just D/L the CS2 Photoshop trial and installed hoping it would get rid of my CS1 "program error" and guess what... im still getting that same error!!

<_<

Time to enter into a funk jazz trance...

suryo
6th May 2005, 01:49 AM
I would suggest going through your ~/Library/Preferences folder and start throwing things in the trash one by one until the problem is fixed. Start with "com.adobe.Photoshop.plist" then move on to "Adobe Photoshop CS Settings", "Adobe Photoshop 8 Paths" and "Adobe".