PDA

View Full Version : Coding while drunk....

LCGuy
23rd May 2004, 08:59 AM
Interesting...i found out last night that i'm better at programming when i'm drunk than when i'm sober....LOL. Have any of you guys tried it before?

cmetom
23rd May 2004, 09:52 AM
awesome post!

i've never had the opportunity, myself. all programming i've done has been under the influence of acute stress, not booze. maybe i should change?!?! :lol:

i've done a bit of forum modding and gaming while drunk tho. also a racing game at the arcade - and i was better at them all while intoxicated!

pipsqeek
23rd May 2004, 09:35 PM
A few years back a mate of mine and I went to the Royal Easter Show. We got onto that shooting game where you have 50 shots to shoot the red star printed on a white piece of cardboard clean off to win a prize.

After each round we would go for a drink...a scooner of fine ale.

Back to the shooting range we went. The operator of the game laughed everytime we got there.

Funny thing was, I have never been able to get drunk..I have never experienced a hang over. I have had alot to drink while experimenting with this. A whole bottle of tequila, case of piss. half a bottle of whiskey...beer tastes sweet after fine Mexican spirit.

But I could see that after a dozen or so beers, our shooting was getting out of hand...at least out of range.

But damn it was fun, and now it has become tradition and we have been going back every year since (like always) but we make sure we do that shooting range game each time...with drinks in between.

:)

Steve

kim jong il
24th May 2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@May 23 2004, 09:35 PM
A few years back a mate of mine and I went to the Royal Easter Show. We got onto that shooting game where you have 50 shots to shoot the red star printed on a white piece of cardboard clean off to win a prize.

snipped: not relevant to comment

Back to the shooting range we went. The operator of the game laughed everytime we got there.

Funny thing was, I have never been able to..............
Steve; so you have wittingslow entertainment up there too? The scumbags. I spent a heap of money one year (22 years ago). Shot out the star, tried to claim the HUGE $10 prize. This prick gets out a magnifying glass and says: "sorry there is some red left just...... here" I couldn't see it and I have 20/20 vision (now that is; it was better then). Argued and was told to F**K OFF.

I GET THE LAST LAUGH DI*KHE*DS. Those bastards never got a penny out of me since. Never went to the show again (or the moomba carnival in melbourne). Nor has anyone in my familly spent any money on them since. EVER.

10 points to me. minus several million for the IDIOT WITTINGSLOW employee. Saved ten bucks at the cost of........ thousands? (no prizes for guessing where I plagiarized this quote from)

Note: No one gets drunk on half a bottle of whiskey unless they drink it in, like, 5 minutes. However, that said; even this amount will seriously mess with your co-ordination if consumed within a couple of hours.

Am I better when drunk? Not at all. Just a lot more persistent and less aware of the passage of time. Alchohol (and other recreational drugs) could never be described as performance enhancers, regardless of what the affected individual may truly believe.

cheers, kim