PDA

View Full Version : Telstra NextG cap plan possible?

newboy
29th September 2008, 01:12 PM
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but I havent found on anything on search. Anyway, ATM with my current plan (not Telstra) I am spending $100+ on talk+text, which means that I would need to buy the $150 'iPhone' plan that Telstra offer. I want to get the iPhone on Telstra however $150 a month is too much considering I am on a cap right now.

In light of this is it possible to for example buy the iPhone (16GB) outright at the Apple store in George St. for $850 and then walk accross the road to the Tlife store and put it on any Telstra cap I want, such as the $49 NextG cap?? Has anyone done this, seems like a good way to get around the steep 'iPhone' specific plans, hopefully its possible!

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

dracomjb
29th September 2008, 01:14 PM
I bought outright from Telstra and put the iPhone on a Telstra NextG cap plan and data pack add on. Was very easy.

mitty
29th September 2008, 01:15 PM
The apple store does not sell iphones outright and I believe even Telstra does not sell them outright any more (at least 16gb). Only hope is to go on an Iphone specific plan, or buy it prepaid from optus, unlock, and then put in a Telstra SIM.

Soliah
2nd October 2008, 02:04 AM
You may get lucky, as some Telstra dealers are still selling iPhones outright, though typically at a premium.

halledise
2nd October 2008, 06:01 AM
personally I'd go the plan - otherwise you gonna pay a thousand bucks for the phone and then still have to shell out $50 to $80 to use the thing effectively.

average that total out over 18 to 24 months & you'll see the plans with the phone thrown in aren't too bad after all.

but - a grand for a flippin' phone - sheesh !!! :eek:

here's a 'bargain' for you:

APPLE 16GB iPhone 3G BRAND NEW BLACK Telstra Locked (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/APPLE-16GB-iPhone-3G-BRAND-NEW-BLACK-Telstra-Locked_W0QQitemZ110294544651QQihZ001QQcategoryZ159 263QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

melbmac
2nd October 2008, 10:52 AM
As a matter of interest, has anybody got a 2G iPhone on telstra next G cap?

I went to do it and they told me it would not work (not a "next G" phone, I assumed it would work fine, just witout the next G features???

hinow2007
2nd October 2008, 11:03 AM
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but I havent found on anything on search. Anyway, ATM with my current plan (not Telstra) I am spending $100+ on talk+text, which means that I would need to buy the $150 'iPhone' plan that Telstra offer. I want to get the iPhone on Telstra however $150 a month is too much considering I am on a cap right now.

In light of this is it possible to for example buy the iPhone (16GB) outright at the Apple store in George St. for $850 and then walk accross the road to the Tlife store and put it on any Telstra cap I want, such as the $49 NextG cap?? Has anyone done this, seems like a good way to get around the steep 'iPhone' specific plans, hopefully its possible!

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

the apple retail store does not sell the iphone outright only on a plan

newboy
2nd October 2008, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, I just bought one at Next Byte for $900, its on a NextG $49 cap as I wanted! 12 month plan aswell so if there is an update to the iPhone in the next year I wont have to pay a fortune to cancel my contract...