PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Network using a Netgear Modem/Router and Airport Express

ThirdWatch
25th September 2008, 09:43 AM
Hi All,

I have recently moved my PC into our HT for gaming duties and to save some space and want to set up a wireless network between the PC, Macbook & Epson Printer.

I plan on getting a Netgear DG834GV ADSL+2 modem/router from Optus (upgrading plan and get this for free) using this to provide internet to the PC via ethernet cable, internet to the macbook via wireless and using my current Airport Express connected to our Epson printer as a stand alone network printer in another room.

The Airport Express will also be providing Air Tunes to an amp for music outside, hence why the printer will be in another room separate from the PC.

I would also like to share files between the PC and the Macbook, and be able to print from both the PC & Macbook to the stand alone printer. Can this be achieved with set-up I have mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason...

pat25d
28th September 2008, 09:13 AM
If you can set up a hybrid wireless network, you can run the 802.11G devices off the netgear, and 802.11N devices off the extreme.