PDA

View Full Version : iPhone screen won't wake up

threefurryfaces
23rd September 2008, 01:47 PM
I have a 3G iphone with Virgin that sometimes decides not to wake up even after pushing the home button. The screen doesn't light up, the phone doesn't ring (even though it does appear to the caller that the call is being put through it will ring on the caller's side and go to voicemail), the ipod does not respond to the earphone control. It does "ding" when it receives email though, which is about the only sign of life I've seen of it.

Does anyone else's phone have this issue? How do I wake the phone without plugging it back to iTunes and doing a restore? The battery is not dead. It was at half strength before it decided to take a nap.

mishylane
23rd September 2008, 01:51 PM
Hold down the home and the off/sleep button together for about 10secs and it will restart the iphone just like the good old restore process on the ipods.

I have had this problem once with my phone... a restore fixed it... I also found plugging it in and simply doing a backup seemed to work too.... somehow...

threefurryfaces
23rd September 2008, 01:57 PM
Hold down the home and the off/sleep button together for about 10secs and it will restart the iphone just like the good old restore process on the ipods.

I have had this problem once with my phone... a restore fixed it... I also found plugging it in and simply doing a backup seemed to work too.... somehow...

Cheers mate. That seems to have done the job.