PDA

View Full Version : question about jaadu vnc

wolfie
20th September 2008, 05:58 PM
hey guys,ive got jaadu and had a fiddl with it last night

i noticed i can access my laptop, by simply pressing the jaadu icon on the iphone, without loading up the jaadu program first on the mac.

what exactly is the point of the jaadu program we were advised to install in the tuctorial?
does it come with any benefits keeping it on the computer, or even loading up?
thanks.

the_doctor
20th September 2008, 06:10 PM
I don't have any Jaadu programme installed on my computer.

I can connect over wireless with Jaadu on my iPhone as well as through 3G when not on my wireless internet (if you need help with this I can help especially if you are using Apple Airport Extreme).

I definitely don't have any programme installed on my computer from Jaadu to get it working.

wolfie
20th September 2008, 06:14 PM
i followed it off their site

Install and run Jaadu Connect. If it says Sharing On, then you're done! If it doesn't, follow the Jaadu Connect troubleshooting guide.

Jaadu (http://www.jugaari.com/setup-mac.php)

the_doctor
20th September 2008, 06:35 PM
Just saw your link.

You should be able to connect over your wireless connection without having that programme running.

Connecting over 3G is a little trickier and depends on your router as well as how your external IP is set up. Not sure on the terminology but I now know how to set up with an Apple Airport Extreme.

wolfie
20th September 2008, 06:46 PM
ok, done a bit of testing, and it appears, over wifi, the program isnt needed.
through 3g though, the program needs to be loaded to work

silverdreamer
20th September 2008, 06:49 PM
Just saw your link.

You should be able to connect over your wireless connection without having that programme running.

Connecting over 3G is a little trickier and depends on your router as well as how your external IP is set up. Not sure on the terminology but I now know how to set up with an Apple Airport Extreme.

So please don't keep it to yourself, I too would like assistance getting Jaadu connect working over 3G.

the_doctor
20th September 2008, 07:07 PM
So please don't keep it to yourself, I too would like assistance getting Jaadu connect working over 3G.

No problem. First do you use an Apple Airport Extreme because that is the only router I know how to configure for. I guess it is the similar for other but that is the only one I have experience with and I'm no techie.

And I have to leave in 20 mins. I sometimes have a life outside of MacTalk. ;) More than willing to assist tomorrow as well.

The Fluffy Duck
20th September 2008, 07:49 PM
This is the best VNC on the iphone tottaly awsome. Glad they had a sale for it :)

Tragedies
28th September 2008, 08:55 PM
Didn't think there would be a need for a new thread on this;

Is there ANY way to allow access to my Mac using another wireless network? Such as using the WiFi at an airport to access my Mac at home? Currently I only know how to access my Mac from my own wireless network >_>

As useful as the application is, it would be alot more useful to be able to access your computer from several kilometers away, too.

Beau
28th September 2008, 08:57 PM
Didn't think there would be a need for a new thread on this;

Is there ANY way to allow access to my Mac using another wireless network? Such as using the WiFi at an airport to access my Mac at home? Currently I only know how to access my Mac from my own wireless network >_>

As useful as the application is, it would be alot more useful to be able to access your computer from several kilometers away, too.

If you set up port forwarding on your modem/router, you will be able to control it via the internet.

Google is your friend :thumbup:

Tragedies
28th September 2008, 08:58 PM
Oh. I've always avoided Port Forwarding, for some reason. Seems a little confusing, even with an Airport Extreme xD

Best try it again now, then.

Just quickly though, can port forwarding be done with dynamic IP addresses? I don't have a single static IP X.X

bartron
10th December 2008, 10:46 AM
anyone know what happened to jaadu lite? I have it on my touch and it's great (thinking of buying the full app) but it seems the lite version is no longer available. Someone at work wants to try it out on their iphone.