PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Plans

semaja2
20th September 2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I am considering getting a iPhone but currently have a 6month contract with 3, it also seems optus no range for where i need it leaving me with vodafone who barely offer any good caps.

Anyway i was wondering has anyone done the optus prepaid unlock and move to 3 iphone plans before? how long does it all take and what did it all cost you?

WindowsVista
20th September 2008, 07:18 PM
Use the search function ffs...

bennyling
20th September 2008, 07:33 PM
Use the search function ffs...

You could at least linked him.

Search next time, but for now, here's the info you're after:

The Optus unlock, when bought from Optus prepaid, is either $80 or nothing if you've already recharged $80.

When you move to 3, the plans can be found on their website:

3G Sim & Data Starter Kit (http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTempla te&cid=1215747772654)

However, one important thing to note is that they credit you with $300 when you bring an iPhone to them. This equates to 6 months free on the $59 cap or something like that.

I'm sure you know what going with Three means - coverage is pretty much limited to CBD areas only, and you'll have to have 3G on all the time - potentially impacting battery life.

semaja2
21st September 2008, 12:44 AM
Does 3 have a option to disable the roaming data usage? Unfortuantly Optus and Vodafone have F&^& all range where i live which is useless and there is no way i would go with telstra so it only leaves Three...

Also by coverage you simply mean data coverage right? when i move out of the 3 network and use other towers will i still be able to make calls and sms? i have plenty of wireless zones i can use when im out of 3 range so data isnt a issue

iFanboy
21st September 2008, 02:15 AM
Does 3 have a option to disable the roaming data usage? Unfortuantly Optus and Vodafone have F&^& all range where i live which is useless and there is no way i would go with telstra so it only leaves Three...

Also by coverage you simply mean data coverage right? when i move out of the 3 network and use other towers will i still be able to make calls and sms? i have plenty of wireless zones i can use when im out of 3 range so data isnt a issue

Yeah 3 don't charge additional for Voice or SMS when roaming on the Telstra GSM network.