PDA

View Full Version : Can't make or receive calls

Minkey
19th September 2008, 09:57 AM
My I phone arrived yesterday from Virgin (yay) and I put in the sim, plugged it into the computer and registered it with iTunes.

Got my WiFi working, downloaded a few apps.

When I got in the car in Balmain I was getting full 3G coverage.

The first call i tried to make from my work Phone to my iPhone went directly to voice mail.

So I tried to make a call from my iPhone to my work phone and all I get is not ringing sound just silence the the message, "Call Failed."

The phone is showing 5 bars of Optus 3G.

Called Virgin help, went through various, restarts and flight mode toggles. Still can't make or receive calls or get and 3G services like the web, stores or maps.

Any help you be awesome as this is kinda bumming me out.

M

badwolf
19th September 2008, 10:25 AM
Can you get in-bound calls?

Sounds to me like it is not registering on the Optus (Virgin) network for some reason. I'd try the SIM in another phone and see if you can make calls. If you can, it's something to do with the phone. If you can't, it's something to do with Virgin's system.

the_doctor
19th September 2008, 10:32 AM
Try the SIM in another phone. If it still doesn't work then your number might not be ported over yet. That can sometimes take awhile. If it works in the other phone then it is probably a problem with the iPhone.

Minkey
19th September 2008, 10:50 AM
UPDATE

I turned off 3G and now I can make and receive calls??

Turn it back on and I get No Service!!?? at all.

Shouldn't it switch to the network if 3G is unavailable.

M

bean
21st September 2008, 06:32 AM
What software version are you running? if not 2.1 update and should fix the issue