PDA

View Full Version : I-TENA device, fake? scam? legit? real?

mechcon
16th September 2008, 04:06 PM
I was looking at this video right...
vcrnHBiKZZw
And I'd be curious to see if anyone here has actually purchased one, and can say it was a success/fail? even if it's for the 1st gen iPhone..

website looks a bit scammy though :\ And the product? it's a signal booster for the iPhone and iPhone 3G.

http://i-tena.com (http://i-tena.com/)

mitty
16th September 2008, 04:22 PM
Um I'm scared to watch that video in case this involves some feminine hygiene product.

forno
16th September 2008, 04:27 PM
LOL, I have a similar concern:p

Andrew T Chadwick
16th September 2008, 04:44 PM
Looks fake.A lot of work goes into designing an antena especialy for such a compact device so it matches the phones expected working wavelengths and the production tolerances are miniscule.If this thing actually did as it says it would violate a number of product certification rules.:thumbdn:

Scooterpig
16th September 2008, 05:01 PM
I don't understand why they give you a template you have to cut 2mm off around it, very strange.

VALANDI
16th September 2008, 10:24 PM
um why do i smell fishfingers here? lol a template to place under the apple logo? wat the?

Joey1983
16th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Why don't they just give you a template that's already the right size?
Anyhow, I thought the internal antenna was at the bottom of the phone (I could be wrong).

Also why doesn't he just leave it on the home screen and turn the brightness down, instead of letting it go to sleep and waking it up on the keypad screen?
From the sound of the feedback in the background he's probably got someone sending him an SMS or something so that the phone works harder to get a signal or something.

All seems too fishy...

streddy
19th September 2008, 07:14 PM
I was looking at this video right...
vcrnHBiKZZw
And I'd be curious to see if anyone here has actually purchased one, and can say it was a success/fail? even if it's for the 1st gen iPhone..

website looks a bit scammy though :\ And the product? it's a signal booster for the iPhone and iPhone 3G.

http://i-tena.com (http://i-tena.com/)

It's fake. All of those videos are fake. He keeps the screen on the keypad so you can't see that he's just sent himself a sms. When your phone receives a call or sms it boosts it's signal up. You can hear the interference from the sms. Why else did he take so long to focus onto the screen. He was looking himself then when he saw the single boost re focused the camera

Honestly think of it this way, if it was as simple as adding a special sticker to the back of your phone apple would of done it already.

mechcon
23rd September 2008, 09:30 AM
I'd love to still find someone who bought it and testified on whether it works or not.. just to rub more salt into the wounds so to speak :)

Andrew T Chadwick
23rd September 2008, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=mechcon;645968]I'd love to still find someone who bought it and testified on whether it works or not.. just to rub more salt into the wounds so to speak :)[/QUOTEThere is no way i would let any of my freinds waste their money on this pile of carp and there fore reward these scamers with anything resembling money.

Piratbyran
26th September 2008, 12:28 PM
Ahaha, thats the biggest piece of crap ever. That video is fake, dead set. And whats with the first post guy?

PatrickH
26th September 2008, 12:31 PM
And whats with the first post guy?

Properly a bot.

When you type in "i-tena" this thread is the 8th result.

i-tena - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=i-tena&meta=)

Mind you the 1st result is a YouTube video showing the product is a fake :p

lemans69
30th September 2008, 04:31 AM
Im not spaming anyone can you please tell me why im getting kicked off??? i keep geting an email im spamming....i never spammed anyone in my life.

palais
30th September 2008, 08:37 AM
Works or not, that is the worst use of the Apple 'i' in a product name ever!

PatrickH
30th September 2008, 09:45 AM
lemans69, you're clearly spamming.

1. Your first post was stating that this product works (which clearly doesn't).

2. When you search for "i-tena" on google, this thread comes up in the top 10. I'm assuming you have some affiliation with i-tena.

Mods, is there any way of banning an IP address?

Currawong
30th September 2008, 10:05 AM
Im not spaming anyone can you please tell me why im getting kicked off??? i keep geting an email im spamming....i never spammed anyone in my life.

We get a lot of people from companies signing up and attempting to advertise their wares on here, sometimes in the guise of fake positive product reviews. Your first post here looked exactly like one.

The second time you signed up, you were abusive.

Now you've signed up again and are crapping this thread. What you SHOULD have done is contacted us and asked us about the ban instead of coming back and acting as you did. Normally, I'd delete this post you just made and all its replies as it's off topic to the thread. It's not up for further discussion.

lemans69
1st October 2008, 10:06 AM
lol, your gonna say im spaming because the product works for me....lmfao...you guys need to get a real job! what is the damm porpose of this forum then!! im a radio engineer and i take these iphones apart for a living too fix them so i should know a little more than you folks

mechcon
1st October 2008, 10:11 AM
Calm down everybody, none of you need to get shitty. I never intended this thread to be a pisstake or poke-fun-of or anything like that. I was seriously considering purchasing it for using it at home, and may well do still. In fact I may well do that next week and then expect a review from me regarding this device.

I originally wanted to see who has purchased one of these so I can get a more "local" kind of opinion..

MissionMan
1st October 2008, 11:44 AM
I am always a little sceptical when a company claims to have a product that works and:

a) uses a hotmail address.
b) has typo's on their website because they couldn't bother to check through it properly.
c) the so called review has very little other videos under his youtube profile and is listed as a "Director" but not staying what company.