PDA

View Full Version : Can't turn on Genius - 'iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable'

Chr1s
15th September 2008, 08:59 AM
I finally got around to installing the new iTunes that includes Genius. Everything installed fine, but when I try to turn it on via the 'Turn on Genius' button in the sidebar, I get either of two errors:

The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable

or

An unknown error occured (-4).

I can access the iTunes store perfectly well, so not sure what the problem might be?

portas1971
15th September 2008, 09:13 AM
I am getting the same error down here too! Not sure either. I guess the Apple Store may be busy or down temporarily.

mitty
15th September 2008, 09:23 AM
I would imagine Genius and the ITMS are related but probably separately managed/run, so it's possible for the store to work but not Genius.

the_doctor
15th September 2008, 09:28 AM
The iTunes store is down for me at the moment.

portas1971
15th September 2008, 09:39 AM
Was on hold with AppleCare for 15+ minutes unanswered and enjoyed the selection of music etc. etc. but now the iTunes store is up for me. Try it now peoples!

Chr1s
15th September 2008, 09:45 AM
Still no luck.... will give it a few hours I guess...

portas1971
15th September 2008, 09:47 AM
Was on hold with AppleCare for 15+ minutes unanswered and enjoyed the selection of music etc. etc. but now the iTunes store is up for me. Try it now peoples!

Aha! Didn't download the App at all. Only signed me in. Still got the error -4 when trying to purchase the app and it's not in my app folder! Must be down still!!