PDA

View Full Version : why is telstra not on iphone ads?

happyfrogcow
14th September 2008, 09:24 PM
i was just wondering why is telstra not on the iphone ads as is voda and optus?

Comet
14th September 2008, 09:25 PM
They came into the picture very very late in the game, like a week before the iPhone 3G release so they probably missed out on all the marketing material.

the_doctor
14th September 2008, 09:28 PM
I've seen iPhone ads with the Telstra logo at the end. It is the same ad as the Voda and Optus ones.

happyfrogcow
14th September 2008, 09:29 PM
i herd it was becuase of their crap plans they offer and apple doesnt't like them.

Tragedies
14th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Wouldn't to be hard to believe, with Telstra criticizing the iPhone months ago. I'm sure, though, they'll have some ads up eventully. If ANZ banking can have an iPhone ad, I'm sure Telstra can, too.

anarchron
14th September 2008, 09:32 PM
Telstra probably was too stingy to pay for a spot on the iPhone ads.

Chief911
14th September 2008, 09:33 PM
Probably,

Beau
14th September 2008, 09:47 PM
I see plently of the Telstra iPhone ads on TV, though mainly on Foxtel.

wholikespotatoes
14th September 2008, 09:51 PM
My guess is Telstra demanded to put their own content within Apple's commercial- specifically the father and son comedy duo from their 'to keep the rabbits out' tour de force.

That said, the Bigpond ad does offer the right amount of frustration I have come to expect when dealing with Telstra.

silverdreamer
14th September 2008, 10:01 PM
This is a sillly thread, Telstra has ads on TV, same as the others. why not ask the question, why are Vodafone and Optus not advertising the iPhone in the print media?:confused:

the_doctor
14th September 2008, 11:01 PM
This is a sillly thread, Telstra has ads on TV, same as the others. why not ask the question, why are Vodafone and Optus not advertising the iPhone in the print media?:confused:

Whilst I'm not the biggest Telstra fan around I agree that this thread is silly. Btw love your new avatar. Is that a pic of you after paying your Telstra bill? ;)

silverdreamer
14th September 2008, 11:06 PM
Whilst I'm not the biggest Telstra fan around I agree that this thread is silly. Btw love your new avatar. Is that a pic of you after paying your Telstra bill? ;)

I'm glad you like it! :) seemed appropriate as everyone keeps telling I am losing an arm and a leg with Telstra.:p

andrewmizzi
15th September 2008, 04:33 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of Telstra's offshoots are in direct competition with Apple or their partners. Bigpond Music, Sensis etc. Obviously crazy if they didn't make the iPhone available to their customers (because a lot of people would have left Telstra to get the phone with Optus/Voda/etc), but don't expect Telstra to make everyone think the iPhone is the be all and end all of phones.