PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Frozen and Can NOT Reboot

VALANDI
14th September 2008, 08:43 PM
Guys i did a search to see if this had been brought up but no luck.

I have a shitty issue. My iphone froze earlier tonight after i sent an SMS.

It then got stuck on Favorite Contacts page and i could only flick between that, my contacts and recent calls. I kept pressing the home button but would just go back to favorite contacts page. I have tried holding down the power button to restart b ut it won't

How the hell can I restart my phone?

I now can not do anything. its stuck on 1 screen... and just incase, i have not yet upgraded to 2.1... my internet quota has been cut to 64k and its hell slow

mattcooper
14th September 2008, 08:45 PM
holding the power switch and the home button for a few seconds till it switchs off not fix it?

chrsha01
14th September 2008, 08:45 PM
Hold and press both the sleep/wake button and 'home' button at the same time for 5 seconds or so. This will hopefully restart it. :)

Edit: Beaten! Nice work mattcooper.

the_doctor
14th September 2008, 08:48 PM
Guys i did a search to see if this had been brought up but no luck.

I have a shitty issue. My iphone froze earlier tonight after i sent an SMS.

It then got stuck on Favorite Contacts page and i could only flick between that, my contacts and recent calls. I kept pressing the home button but would just go back to favorite contacts page. I have tried holding down the power button to restart b ut it won't

How the hell can I restart my phone?

I now can not do anything. its stuck on 1 screen... and just incase, i have not yet upgraded to 2.1... my internet quota has been cut to 64k and its hell slow

This happens to my dad's 2G iPhone.

Best thing to do is what the poster's above have suggested. Let us know if this works.

VALANDI
14th September 2008, 08:51 PM
YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

LOL so thats how you reboot the damn thing...

Cheers guys!

scokim
14th September 2008, 08:55 PM
It will self-reboot after 20 seconds.

I have this problem when I select my own name in the address book.

It's a bug but Apple doesn't seem to be aware of it.

the_doctor
14th September 2008, 09:05 PM
YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

LOL so thats how you reboot the damn thing...

Cheers guys!

Don't forget to leave a tip ;)

Glad it solved your problem.

Nye100
4th June 2009, 11:04 AM
I had same problem followed other posters advice didnt work so i plugged into computer and logged into itunes and restored original settings took about 10 min and all i lost was the songs in ipod.:cool: