PDA

View Full Version : My iphone will not activate

xwing25
14th September 2008, 07:27 PM
I am trying to activate my iphone and it seems to get stuck giving me an error saying there is no sim card or it is pin locked which means i cant do anything. Anybody else have this problem?

WhiteiPhone
14th September 2008, 07:29 PM
i think you should return the stolen iphone

xwing25
14th September 2008, 07:32 PM

I have an invoice winner.

lama323
14th September 2008, 07:35 PM

this helps how?

you have a sim card in it right? (got to check I know its obvious)

Linux_insidev2
14th September 2008, 07:36 PM
existing sim card in a new phone?

put the sim in another phone and take off the pin code.

Comet
14th September 2008, 07:37 PM
I am trying to activate my iphone and it seems to get stuck giving me an error saying there is no sim card or it is pin locked which means i cant do anything. Anybody else have this problem?

Was it active previously? Make sure you have the correct SIM card in there (the one that you received from whatever carrier you got the phone from). If it's a SIM PIN lock, then you should be prompted to enter in the pin.

If all fails, try another restore and see if it activates next time.

xwing25
14th September 2008, 07:40 PM
Its a new phone with my old sim in it that doesnt have a sim lock. Done a few restores and it gets to the same point and goes no further

lama323
14th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Its a new phone with my old sim in it that doesnt have a sim lock. Done a few restores and it gets to the same point and goes no further

Where did you buy it from (what carrier) the phone has to be unlocked from the carrier before another sim can be inserted.

LennyX
14th September 2008, 07:42 PM
If you used PwnageTool make sure you uncheck the 'Activate the phone' box under General Settings and rebuild a new custom IPSW. Assuming it's a legit Australian iPhone 3G...

xwing25
14th September 2008, 07:49 PM
Its a vodafone sim card in a vodafone iphone. Sounds like it might be stuffed. Just thought i would see if anybody had a quick fix

lama323
14th September 2008, 07:52 PM
Its a vodafone sim card in a vodafone iphone. Sounds like it might be stuffed. Just thought i would see if anybody had a quick fix

Did the sim come with the phone?

you have to use the sim provided by the carrier to activate - you can't chuck in any old sim, even if it is from the same carrier.

xwing25
14th September 2008, 08:06 PM
Did the sim come with the phone?

you have to use the sim provided by the carrier to activate - you can't chuck in any old sim, even if it is from the same carrier.

I didnt get a new sim. Maybe thats the problem then. I havent heard of that one before

Comet
14th September 2008, 08:21 PM
Have you tried another restore? The only time it activates the phone is after a restore with a SIM in it. Give that a go ;)

xwing25
14th September 2008, 08:25 PM
Have you tried another restore? The only time it activates the phone is after a restore with a SIM in it. Give that a go ;)

I have done so many restores over the past 24 hours it not funny

gtext
14th September 2008, 08:35 PM
I didnt get a new sim. Maybe thats the problem then. I havent heard of that one before

When I bought my iPhone outright from telstra they used their own sim to activate it.
My telstra sim was still in my then current phone.

After going home I charged up the iPhone and used my sim in it. Entered the sim pin and that's it.

Vodafone would have done the same I would think.

mitty
14th September 2008, 08:44 PM
Your Voda sim probably has a pin it's just your old phone wasn't set to ask you what it was. You might be able to ring voda to ask or otherwise you probably need a new sim if you don't know what it was.

klyeo
14th September 2008, 09:44 PM
u r not using a 3G sim card.