PDA

View Full Version : Macbook can't handle Garageband??

paulharrop
14th September 2008, 05:36 PM
I have a Macbook Pro and no issues but would this article be true do you think. Macbook owners let us know.

Apple: MacBooks Can't Handle GarageBand (http://consumerist.com/5049518/apple-macbooks-cant-handle-garageband)

Paul

Wally
14th September 2008, 05:49 PM
Works fine with my MacBook.

Wally

LarryH
14th September 2008, 05:55 PM
Works on my five year-old PowerBook :)

SRG
14th September 2008, 06:06 PM
I have had issues on my Macbook in the end I moved to Ubercaster. We lost about threee podcasts to Garageband crashes.

rollsrox
14th September 2008, 06:07 PM
Works well on my macbook (black one, latest model)

happyfrappy
14th September 2008, 06:14 PM
I know many students & professors at my university who use Garage Band for podcasts to portable studio recording on MacBooks and never had failures/crashes. When I had my 12" PowerBook, I used it for podcasts and some musical demo sessions.

Apple is seriously losing credibility for stuff like this.
/note to self: avoid MacBooks, the harddrives Apple uses are junk :D
/note is sarcasm

paulharrop
14th September 2008, 06:40 PM
Just as I thought anti-Mac propaganda.

Paul

Thanks Macbook users.

iPirate
14th September 2008, 07:16 PM
I suppose if he dances with the MB whilst it's writing to the hard drive, the constant movement might damage the hard drive whilst it spins, but apart from that, what the HELL is that guy doing to that machine to cause such a failure rate?!?

happyfrappy
15th September 2008, 04:23 AM
The sudden motion sensor would stop/park the drive if the guy was moving too much.

After a bit of searching and remembering about the Seagate HD failures of 2007, looks like the owner may have been given several bad HDs between repairs and Apple could have had a few bad Seagate replacement HDs still in their repair supply chain. 18 months of ownership does place that guy within that time frame.
Here is the original reported story from MacRumors:
Apple Acknowledges Reports Of MacBook Hard Drive Failures - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/26/apple-acknowledges-reports-of-macbook-hard-drive-failures/)

AnthoMac
15th September 2008, 07:45 AM
works fine with macbook and powerbook (but was unstable as anything on leopard 10.5.0 on both platforms)