PDA

View Full Version : outlook email and iphone 3g

led-zep
14th September 2008, 04:10 PM
i know this has been asked, but i havent got a proper answer from anyone yet, and its for my gf's father who she has talked into getting an iphone, thanks to me! but he has worries about accessing his mail (outlook) on his iphone as he can do already on his other mobile device whilst running windows on a pc.

so i know you can sync mail settings from itunes of an outlook account. but will that enable you to view the mail on the iphone? on the iphone the mail feature allows u to create gmail/mobileme/ and microsoft exchange so how would he set it up on his iphone if he decides to get one?

is it simply go to mail- create new account- enter outlook info then you can view it? can it be set up as push to the iphone. he is a business user and would need to access email all the time every day. as ive never used outlook myself i dont know the exact answer, but would love to know if it is possible.

led-zep
14th September 2008, 05:36 PM
so after reading about this it doesnt seem to be possible to set up outlook email to be received and read on the iphone? i find that to be very frustrating for business users who want to use the phone that may not have microsoft exchange but use outlook for mail/contacts/calenders..

wmyeoh
14th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Not too sure how accurate this is but my colleague said it depends on how the network is set up. For example you can only get our email through the internal network.