PDA

View Full Version : Problem referrring Boot camp

benip
12th September 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi, this is my first ever post in here.

I have recently installed window XP SP2 on my imac (only for some work related programs that i needed to run), and used boot camp 2.0 to do it. And all the things is running smooth and the drivers are installed perfectly, however, the brightness of the monitor is very high, even i turn it to the possible lowest level by using fn keys,(sort of hurting my eyes looking at it for too long), i just wonder if there is anyway that i can turn down the brightness? using external software perhaps?

and the second problem is.....how can i convert back the mac function keys to window function keys when i am running boot camp, instead of holding the fn buttom + whichever the function i want to use. Can anyone in this forum perhaps

Beau
13th September 2008, 09:20 PM

I have recently installed window XP SP2 on my imac (only for some work related programs that i needed to run), and used boot camp 2.0 to do it. And all the things is running smooth and the drivers are installed perfectly, however, the brightness of the monitor is very high, even i turn it to the possible lowest level by using fn keys,(sort of hurting my eyes looking at it for too long), i just wonder if there is anyway that i can turn down the brightness? using external software perhaps?
Not sure - I have a MacBook and with the Boot Camp drivers installed, I can adjust the brightness using the keys on my keyboard, or via the Boot Camp settings (in Control Panel).

and the second problem is.....how can i convert back the mac function keys to window function keys when i am running boot camp, instead of holding the fn buttom + whichever the function i want to use. Can anyone in this forum perhaps

Easy. Go to the Boot Camp settings (Start > Control Panel > Boot Camp), and on one of the tabs you have the option to use the F1, F2, etc keys as function keys :)

meinrosebud
13th September 2008, 09:36 PM

Looking at Windows WIL cause visual problems for most Apple users.:eek: