PDA

View Full Version : for original iphone owners

Carve
12th September 2008, 05:01 PM
Would you go back to the 1st Gen iPhone? If so, why?

just wanted to know

Phase
12th September 2008, 05:02 PM
Hell no.

It felt awkward in the hand in comparison, and it was so much slower online.

mvjs
12th September 2008, 05:03 PM
I don't see any reason to buy a 1st Generation iPhone over a 2nd Generation iPhone. There's nothing that the 2nd Generation iPhone lacks.

Linux_insidev2
12th September 2008, 05:08 PM
I don't see any reason to buy a 1st Generation iPhone over a 2nd Generation iPhone. There's nothing that the 2nd Generation iPhone lacks.

Except for Aluminium :P

IMHO the Aluminium is superior to plastic - they could make an aluminium case the same shape as the iPhone's plastic back - this is evidenced by the iPod Touches chrome back

Galumay
12th September 2008, 05:13 PM
although i dont own a 3G phone i struggle to see any advantage over the original phone for me, i prefer the aluminium finish, the EDGE network is quite fast enough for the minimal browsing i do on the iPhone.

i will probably buy another original iPhone for my wife and if i do buy a 3G one it wont be until it has a revision and the quad band model is released.

decryption
12th September 2008, 06:57 PM
If it wasn't for 3G, the 2nd gen iPhone has no real benefits. But *damn* what a difference 3G makes for data use. I can never go back to 2G/EDGE.

Rasta
12th September 2008, 09:14 PM
I'd have no problems going back to my 1st gen...

I liked the way it looked much more...

As for edge v 3g.. I wouldn't know because the optus network is beyond shit everywhere I seem to go in Brisbane...

WindowsVista
12th September 2008, 09:38 PM
Never had a first gen, but after using GPRS when my 3G wasn't in range, I wouldn't even consider buying one.

Hollywood
12th September 2008, 10:46 PM
after getting my 1st gen iphone at the start of the year, i dont see any reason upgrading to 3g iPhone just to have 3g speed for data...i cant justify spending the money

tcn33
12th September 2008, 10:54 PM
IMHO the Aluminium is superior to plastic

Except when it comes to reception - even with 3G disabled (so as to compare apples with apples, no pun intended) (okay, maybe intended a little) the 2nd gen iPhone gets better reception in my house than the 1st gen. And not just showing more bars - the 2nd gen gets service and can make calls where the 1st gen shows "No Service".

boddiz
12th September 2008, 10:57 PM
I never really used the net on the 1st one, cus it was too slow. The 3G is so much faster, so I use it more. Other than the net speeds, I wouldnt mind having a 1st gen again. I liked the metal back but it was slippery.

the_doctor
12th September 2008, 11:01 PM
I gave my 2G to my old man when I got the 3G. He loves it but when ever I see him using the internet at dial up speeds I can't believe how I ever put up with the snails pace. No way would I go back.