PDA

View Full Version : Optus bill-can someone explain?

jimmc
11th September 2008, 05:51 PM
I've just gotten my second billing, it shows 1840mb of data was used. The data log in the phone (reset the first day of the billing period last month) said I used 585mb.

I am seriously concerned about the discrepancy. It would seem this overage was "free" this month based on their "free until Aug 31" plan, but the overage is listed at over $500 (even though the bill is essentially $79)

How in the world can anyone manage this nonsense?

Why must Australian telco companies be years behind the rest of the free world?

NathR32
11th September 2008, 05:56 PM
Another Optus thread :p

I agree with you though. They overcomplicate things and need to get their s**t sorted out. I have managed to work out what went on with my two last bills but they changed my plan to something it shouldn't be so it will be a struggle when my next bill arrives.

Is there a period in your bill that was showing excessive data usage (ie at a particular time or day?). Have you been tethering or just downloading on the phone?

iTelefono
11th September 2008, 06:36 PM
Explain an Optus Bill ?..................Sorry but no, its a mystery

richbowen
11th September 2008, 11:46 PM
Phone optus. Navigate through their ridiculous menu system. Wait. Speak to someone. Wrong person. Be transferred. Wait. Speak to someone. Be placed on hold. If call is not "accidently" disconnected be transferred again. Eventually find someone who attempts to explain the bill. Ask them a couple of questions. Confuse them. Be placed on hold. Tell them that you have been a good customer and are not happy. They apologise but still can't explain the bill. They offer you a "goodwill" credit. Tell them you want it backdated for the last x bills. Accept the credit. Receive next bill. Where's the credit? Call again. Yada yada yada. Accept a further credit.

matthewk
11th September 2008, 11:51 PM
Go instore, they are forced to deal with you. And they almost understand the bill.

wholikespotatoes
12th September 2008, 12:23 AM
If they realise their mistake and credit your account, make sure they actually do. Rang them 3 times, each time they acknoledged the problem and said itd be fixed, never was. Now following Decryption's advice :D

My suggestion - call the TIO (http://www.tio.com.au). They'll give you a reference number which you give to a special customer relations hotline at Optus. These people are a level above the average phone monkeys and can actually do something. Optus takes complaints made via the TIO seriously as it costs them money, so if after contacting Optus and not getting satisfaction, the TIO is the next course of action and most of the time, it works great.