PDA

View Full Version : Networking issues - Vista home edition

bowseruni
11th September 2008, 02:09 PM
First up, is networking between my vista home edition and MBP current leopard possible?

I have tried to follow the tutorials setup on here but a few things seem different.

I can get my mac to show up in vista networks, i can even open a couple of files but most tell me i need to contact the administrator (which is me). When i click on my laptop in the vista network folder it doesn't come up with the password/username screen. It just comes up with my MBP files/documents.

On the mac i go to finder and shared bit and it won't connect, it just keeps on coming up with connection failed.

any help would be greatly appreciated

details below: nomal vista home edition, not SP1. leopard is up to date

Currawong
11th September 2008, 02:26 PM
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/20/42765-how-share-files-between-mac-os-x-leopard-vista.html

bowseruni
11th September 2008, 03:16 PM
yes that's the one i was following, all the first steps of the mac side are done.

but when i go to do the vista side ofg things, number 3 on the vista to-do list doesn't come up (the password bit).

also the next bit of that on the mac, it won't connect. the computers are sitting less than 1m away from each other.

any ideas?

Keller
8th February 2009, 03:26 AM
Bowseruni, I know it's been a while since you posted, but I'm having the same problem. I got a Macbook last week and it's connected to my wireless network for internet access. I also have it hardlined into my router. I used the same tutorial above, via Apple Tech Support, and have the same issue. No login pops up, it just lets me click into the sub menus on the Mac folder on my PC and then denies me access because I need administrative rights, but I AM the administrator! This is most frustrating, and I don't know if it's an issue on the Mac side or on the Vista side. My guess is Vista. If you ever figured out a solution, please let me know. Thanks,
Keller