PDA

View Full Version : watch Let's Rock keynote on iphone

tecknojoe
10th September 2008, 09:54 PM
I can't watch the "Let's rock" keynote on my computer at work, but is there a way to watch it on my iphone? There's only like 1 or 2 minute clips on google video so far. I have no wi-fi access to watch as podcast either. There HAS to be a way!

dotComrade
10th September 2008, 09:55 PM
Try going to the keynote website Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0809dt4bs89/event/index.html) it is in QuickTime so it should work on the iPhone.

tecknojoe
10th September 2008, 10:02 PM
when I load that page on the iphone, there is a small box under the text "see the video right here" that has a play button icon with a line through it. I don't think that's gonna work.

tecknojoe
10th September 2008, 10:03 PM
Try going to the keynote website Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0809dt4bs89/event/index.html) it is in QuickTime so it should work on the iPhone.

when I load that page on the iphone, there is a small box under the text "see the video right here" that has a play button icon with a line through it. I don't think that's gonna work.

Huy
10th September 2008, 10:04 PM
Get the podcast.

Then load it up on the iPhone. :)

Click me (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=37560324&id=275834665) (Warning/NB: 745.7MB)

tecknojoe
10th September 2008, 10:09 PM
Get the podcast.

Then load it up on the iPhone. :)

Click me (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=37560324&id=275834665) (Warning/NB: 745.7MB)

I can't get the podcast because I have no wi fi access for the iphone to connect to. I'm trying to watch the video without getting it from a comp - then putting it on my iphone. It's gotta be done only on the iphone with no wi fi

Huy
10th September 2008, 10:28 PM
Well you might be out of luck there.
Why not just grab it from a comp (Mac or PC, not iPhone) then dump it on the iPhone via iTunes since it'll be in your iTunes library? You don't need WiFi. Sync and transfer via USB.

How do you expect to get the keynote using JUST the iPhone without WiFi? Over 3G or something? YouTube? I don't like your chances.

Grab it via a Mac. Get podcast. Dump podcast onto iPhone. Watch.
Or watch from comp. Why watch it on a tiny iPhone screen? (Yes I have an iPhone 3G but would rather watch it on a Mac than iPhone).

Otherwise I have no solutions for you and wish you luck.

tecknojoe
10th September 2008, 10:56 PM
Well you might be out of luck there.
Why not just grab it from a comp (Mac or PC, not iPhone) then dump it on the iPhone via iTunes since it'll be in your iTunes library? You don't need WiFi. Sync and transfer via USB.

How do you expect to get the keynote using JUST the iPhone without WiFi? Over 3G or something? YouTube? I don't like your chances.

Grab it via a Mac. Get podcast. Dump podcast onto iPhone. Watch.
Or watch from comp. Why watch it on a tiny iPhone screen? (Yes I have an iPhone 3G but would rather watch it on a Mac than iPhone).

Otherwise I have no solutions for you and wish you luck.

I wanted to watch / listen at work, but I don't have access to the websites on my work computer to get the video. I would love to get it on itunes and just transfer but I was looking for a solution without that so I don't have to wait to go home and get it. I just wanted to listen to it for the most part anyway, so yea I would rather watch on a bigger screen but the iphone is the only thing I have at work that gets access to sites that are blocked on my work comp. It looks like there is no solution to this problem. I guess I'll wait till I get home. :(

Huy
10th September 2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah I feel your pain tecknojoe. At uni we don't have iTunes so I can't really do anything. I also can't download Mac DMGs for QuickTime so I had to wait until I got home. Apple's site only lets you grab the PC version when you're on a PC.

If you're at work, I would suggest spending that time doing work. Or if company policy says it is okay, then use a laptop and grab it that way. Which is what I would do at uni/work if allowed. For the time being, if you are simply browsing around then you'll just have to settle on play-by-plays and screenshots/news stories until you arrive home. (It is almost midnight in Sydney so I'm not sure what your business hours are if you're not home already).

Good luck and enjoy the keynote once you have it. :)

Linux_insidev2
13th September 2008, 08:02 PM
I've watched a keynote on my iPhone before, the format is compatible but if you watch it over 3G you're going to rack up a huge bill!