PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to Sue optus? I do

The Fluffy Duck
9th September 2008, 09:44 PM
Fuck Optus! Fuck optus to place full of abrasive sand and budgie smugglers!
I am fucking fed up.

I just got a bill for $842.53

The website says Im entitles to 700mb. My Bill has some shit about a PAYG 5mb cap?

Last month I had to pay for a month ahead which I bent over and took. Also their customer service is a joke, that I have to pay for which in unethical in my book. I would make a pinball look jealous with the number of times I get bounced around and go around in circles. I have given up on them.

Lets list the complaints. I dont care if its not their fault or teething problems. I fail to see how thats my problem. They shouldnt have taken up the contract if they couldnt provide the services:

-- Dropped calls
-- Slow speeds
-- No 3g for hours if not days.
-- No coverage at all sometimes.
-- Shit 2100 mhz coverage even for the CBD. Certainly not what their coverage maps say.
-- Non existance customer serivce (that you have to pay for)
-- A complicated bill that even they dont know how to decipher.
-- Redundant website that doesnt work, for showing your usage. No matter how many times you call to get this sorted.
-- Amature mistakes on your bill.
-- Hidden fees.
-- killing my first born son

Basically Im fucking fed up.

decryption
9th September 2008, 09:45 PM
Contact the TIO (http://www.tio.com.au/) - they are your friend and get shit sorted out.

aussiedeano
9th September 2008, 09:49 PM
Fuck Optus! Fuck optus to place full of abrasive sand and budgie smugglers!
I am fucking fed up.

I just got a bill for $842.53

The website says Im entitles to 700mb. My Bill has some shit about a PAYG 5mb cap?

Last month I had to pay for a month ahead which I bent over and took. Also their customer service is a joke, that I have to pay for which in unethical in my book. I would make a pinball look jealous with the number of times I get bounced around and go around in circles. I have given up on them.

Lets list the complaints. I dont care if its not their fault or teething problems. I fail to see how thats my problem. They shouldnt have taken up the contract if they couldnt provide the serives:

-- Dropped calls
-- Slow speeds
-- Shit 2100 mhz coverage even for the CBD. Certainly not what their coverage maps say.
-- Redundant website that doesnt work, for showing your usage. No matter how many times you call to get this sorted.
-- Hidden fees.

As much as America sucks, we need their unlimited-type plans....was in Hawaii last week, cannot believe how royally screwed we are for mobiles, broadband data plans, etc.....too bad we can do nothing about it....unless you want to go the whole, "let's not use the service until they lower prices". We know how well that works!

Get everyone here to chip in a few bucks to your Paypal to help cover costs. Others have tried that old nugget!

The Fluffy Duck
9th September 2008, 09:50 PM
I mean they are completely amateurish.

fompsweeva
9th September 2008, 09:52 PM
Contact the TIO (http://www.tio.com.au/) - they are your friend and get shit sorted out.

I heard from someone that as soon as you lodge a complaint with the TIO, the telco in question gets charged $50.

Sounds a bit odd, but just thought I'd add it in.

mitty
9th September 2008, 09:57 PM
Um, have you rung them? Ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get any joy at first contact with whomever you speak to. But i think it's fairly obvious to anyone there's a problem which they can probably fix easily (at least as far as your huge bill). As for the other issues you list, well sadly that's just optus.

vietnow
9th September 2008, 10:01 PM
^^ in that case we should all call up and abuse optus.

honestly, i haven't really had a problem with optus... yet. my first bill was fine -- they turned my iphone off saying that i hadn't paid but i had put the wrong payment date into my calendar, ok my bad.

it seems like everyone is getting the royal workaround -- has anyone had any GOOD experiences? mine was fine when they turned my phone off, i jumped onto netbank and paid, they saw the payment over the phone and turned my phone on. no hassles and it was my fault.

any good stories in this shit storm of complaints?

Geoff3DMN
9th September 2008, 10:04 PM
I haven't had any issues with my iPhone on Optus in central victoria at all, but when I travel to Melbourne the 3G is definitely flaky.

It seems a reasonable conclusion that the Optus network is oversubscribed in higher density areas.

It really doesn't bother me much because I'm hardly ever in the city anyway.

mab
9th September 2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know. It just seems funny to me that everyone was bagging Telstra and promoting Optus when the phone came out.

And now ....

Hex
9th September 2008, 10:06 PM
I have used the TIO before for a mobile matter with Telstra the TIO gave me a dedicated number that you call for problems when I was put through I had to quote a number that the TIO gave me.

I still had to stand my ground and argue the point a little bit with Telstra and finally I reached a reasonable compromise with them. turned a $1,200 bill into a $550- one my advice is ring the TIO

And then follow there advice if they advice you to call Optus make sure you document as much as you can this may be very useful to you later on

Aladdin
9th September 2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know. It just seems funny to me that everyone was bagging Telstra and promoting Optus when the phone came out.

And now ....

Hmmm . . . I'm inclined to agree.

As a mate of mine who works at Telstra says . . .

Telstra provides a premium service, and charges premium prices for it. You get what you pay for.

Hex
9th September 2008, 10:15 PM

Telstra provides a premium service, and charges premium prices for it. You get what you pay for.

I would have to agree with this I Purchased my iPhone through Telstra and there service has been excellent and there mobile coverage are has really amazed me to be honest every where I have been I have gotten full 3G never had a drop out!! impressive for a country area!!

BUT!

At the end off the month I have a lovely bill to pay!!

vietnow
9th September 2008, 10:16 PM
when you call anyone on this matter (i work in a call centre and here is some tips) do this:

- always take down names, helps for accountability
- always take down times, this again helps your case
- do NOT change your story even slightly
- remain calm, the second you lose it is the second you don't get help and they hang up on you (really)
- use the word "escalate" in conjunction with "i want to speak with your manager" when speaking to the shit kicker who answers the phone
- when speaking to the manager use the word "escalate", this in IT/call centre language mean shit has hit the fan and you're not fucking happy
- don't yell, this will get you nowhere fast

if you do these things as well as call the TIO you will win out, always. be calm, ask for the supervisor/back office person straight up and be direct, not rude. you'll rock it.
:thumbup:

vietnow
9th September 2008, 10:17 PM

i would have to respectfully disagree with that.

mab
9th September 2008, 10:20 PM

Just like Apple

coolkid092
9th September 2008, 10:20 PM
We now all know the reason why Telstra was giving Optus a bashing over their network before the iPhone launch...

Oh well, bag out Telstra and get crapy everything, Go with Telstra and get what you deserve even if it has a bigger price tag...

jonnos
9th September 2008, 10:22 PM
ive been with optus for several years now and everything has been great. even the customer service. i recently also got given 2 free months of 3g data on my 2 iphone services.

MissionMan
9th September 2008, 10:26 PM
Personally I'd like to see more protection for the consumer. I.e. the ability to buy your way out of a contract without exorbitant charges if the telco does not meet their end of the bargain. Its a one sided agreement, you don't pay, they take you to the cleaners, you don't get the service you are paying for, nothing happens.

vietnow
9th September 2008, 10:28 PM
maybe its just a case of those wronged are yelling the loudest?

decryption
9th September 2008, 10:52 PM
Personally I'd like to see more protection for the consumer. I.e. the ability to buy your way out of a contract without exorbitant charges if the telco does not meet their end of the bargain. Its a one sided agreement, you don't pay, they take you to the cleaners, you don't get the service you are paying for, nothing happens.

But that would make sense. Not going to happen. Ever :(

MacDub
9th September 2008, 10:57 PM
I heard from someone that as soon as you lodge a complaint with the TIO, the telco in question gets charged $50.

Sounds a bit odd, but just thought I'd add it in.

If it's anything like the Electricity Ombudsman than it's $1200 as soon as the office of the Ombudsman decides to investigate ;)

silverdreamer
9th September 2008, 11:59 PM
Just like Apple

Finally!, someone who thinks like me!:)

Why?

jacke
10th September 2008, 12:14 AM
I am on Telstra, they are the only provider where I live, no choice.

My big gripe is their crappy data usage metering.

On the website or via the iphone it is crap to read. It tells you every time you have connected, rather than a running total, and it is not in graphical form.

It also shows all data, while I am only concerned with what is coming off my measley 150Mb limit.

Cheers, Jack

icant
10th September 2008, 12:40 AM

?? They are letting you have a expensive phone. In some cases without much $ up front.

What you seem to want is pre-paid. BYO phone, and you have a huge selection of plans from many many network resellers.

WWM00
10th September 2008, 11:26 AM
Used to be with Optus and have had many problems. Shocking company and dreadful customer service. Bought out my contract and moved to Vodaphone who seem to be a lot better. Wil move soon all my other mobile phoes away from Optus. Have also moved my land line and broadband to Telstra.

Linux_insidev2
10th September 2008, 11:27 AM
-- Dropped calls
-- Slow speeds
-- Hidden fees.

I guess that as a retail customer, it sucks that there isn't an SLA

hoony
10th September 2008, 11:46 AM
I've been with optus for many years (after switching from telstra) and any of the few problems I have had are always resolved without much drama.

I guess you never hear about when things are all working, only when there is a problem.

Rant
10th September 2008, 11:49 AM
I would have to agree with this I Purchased my iPhone through Telstra and there service has been excellent and there mobile coverage are has really amazed me to be honest every where I have been I have gotten full 3G never had a drop out!! impressive for a country area!!

I'm in an out of the way place and I've had no problems with Optus. Frankly, I was stunned they had 3G in my town.

I think Optus' problems are in the highest density areas.

Other stories? anyone?

resonance
10th September 2008, 12:23 PM

And I'll disrespectfully disagree with it also by calling it all kinds of horrible names...

No just kidding.

Optus have been fine for me. I had the wrong address for billing and they sorted that out extended my payment period and were very pleasant about it.

The bills are a bit cumbersome to navigate, but as long as they don't exceed $56 I'm not one to look into it too much..

3G I haven't really had issues with it. I've seen it drop at times, but thats usually when I'm in a Basement somewhere and my work Telstra phone does the same thing.

While I do agree unlimited or high limit data plans would be nice, I'm certainly in no rush to get it. Even trying I only topped out around 60MB last month.

abure
10th September 2008, 12:37 PM
I havent had any problems with Optus with my iphone. I feel quite lucky.

griffmiester
10th September 2008, 12:39 PM
@The Fluffy Duck

Call Optus. I've had issues with bills and stuff, and when I've phoned them, they've tried to work through the issues.
eg. Not the current bil, but the previous one (first iPhone Bill) came out as being ~$700... I talked to them... Paid it (cos I didn't want to lose my connection) and now I have a ~$350 Credit on my account, so I won't have to actually pay a bill for a few months...

I'd rather have the money in my account, but I know where it was likely to go anyway.

Also, if they have some comment on your bill about

My Bill has some shit about a PAYG 5mb cap?

definitely give them a call and give them a serve, cos that's straight out crap. You signed a Contract that's for 700mb a month, they've stuffed up.

Put it back into their side of the court.

dotnet
10th September 2008, 01:35 PM
On the website or via the iphone it is crap to read. It tells you every time you have connected, rather than a running total, and it is not in graphical form.

It also shows all data, while I am only concerned with what is coming off my measley 150Mb limit.

Really? What site are you using? I'm getting something like "You have currently used 51%(155,514kB) of your 307,200kB included data." and a progress bar like graph.

I'm looking at https://es.telstra.com/MyDataUsage/datausage.jsp

Cheers
Steffen.

The Fluffy Duck
12th September 2008, 04:30 PM
Well I caleld them and they fixed it. Somehow Im not convinced though.

boneymaloney
14th September 2008, 10:44 PM
Maybe next time call them first. If they don't help you then feel free to take their shit to the cleaners, otherwise shut the fuck up and try dealing with your problems before you start whining to the internet.