PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Optus Zoo? What's it good for?

Rant
8th September 2008, 06:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone has actually tried Optus Zoo and found something useful.

I SEEMS like a good way of running up your data bills, and I guess it's easy enough to slag-off.

But has anyone found anything useful there?

Please share...

shiny
8th September 2008, 06:50 PM
Had a look a few times and played with mobile TV (and got charged :p) but nothing great, would be good if they could provide a way to check your data through this.

viz
8th September 2008, 08:20 PM
I used web sms for years (have recently changed to Virgin, so lost the account). Very useful when on a recent trip to Europe and needed to contact people (non urgent) - used friends computers to send SMS messages; also when contacting people back in Oz via SMS this turned out to be a LOT cheaper. I also lost my phone and was still able to communicate with people, though return SMSs were of course not available.

Back when I was involved as a search coordinator for a volunteer SAR organisation I used to use web sms instead of a pager - and it was way more effective

Did not use anything else though :)

viz

LithgowLights
8th September 2008, 10:40 PM
Had it on the last 3 mobiles with Optus & never used it. More of a toy than what I was looking for, so I never really bothered

macrich
8th September 2008, 10:42 PM
Not good for anything really.

simplynick
8th September 2008, 10:51 PM
Its good for reducing the amount of icons on the iphone, instead of having all the news sites and face book and stuff you just have izoo, but other than that not really any use.

decryption
9th September 2008, 01:09 AM
Not good for anything really.

Yup - telcos give me a pipe, not content. Idiots, the lot of em.

dotnet
24th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Yup - telcos give me a pipe, not content. Idiots, the lot of em.

But, but... Providing content as well as a pipe has worked so well for Compuserve!

Oh, wait...

Cheers
Steffen.