PDA

View Full Version : Best way to "ignore" an incoming call??

nando
8th September 2008, 08:38 AM
Wondering whats the best way to ignore an incoming call.
sure u can put it in silence mode..but it wont send an engage signal to the caller
but when the phone is asleep and then someone rings..u only have the option to "slide" to answer the call...
under that circumstance wondering whether theres is a way to just "ignore" the call..
so is there???

fishinthecity
8th September 2008, 08:40 AM
Pressing the power button once will silence the phone and twice will either hang up on the caller or divert it to voice mail..

Huy
8th September 2008, 09:55 AM
Let them hang up before you do.
i.e. they will hang up and it stops ringing.

VALANDI
8th September 2008, 01:00 PM
Let them hang up before you do.
i.e. they will hang up and it stops ringing.

pressing the volume buttons does this also... once to silence it and twice to divert/hang up

arkenstone
8th September 2008, 01:14 PM
pressing the volume buttons does this also... once to silence it and twice to divert/hang up

Nice tip. Thanks

markhellewell
8th September 2008, 01:21 PM
Holding down the headphone button also ignores the incoming call.

br3tty
8th September 2008, 10:53 PM
And the volume controls will also silence a call too :)

d_mini
8th September 2008, 10:57 PM
Throwing the iPhone against the wall when it rings sometimes makes it stop ringing ;)

simplynick
8th September 2008, 11:02 PM
i did that and it answered, although that was an N80.

morgan
8th September 2008, 11:13 PM
I find the best way to ignore an incoming call is to think of:

" a bright blue ocean scene, the waves lapping at the shore, dolphins playing in the distance with the sound of children playing in the distance. I look down at her body, still and quiet, her eyes staring blankly into the distance as I hoist my shovel into the air scattering sand on her delicate frame. It was about this time I knew, things weren't going to be the same...."

by the time I have thought all that I have usually missed and successfully ignored the call.

Rasta
9th September 2008, 06:08 AM
What I don't get is on the ads on tv has the option to answer or not... It'd be nice to have that option...

tate1984
9th September 2008, 07:47 AM
What I don't get is on the ads on tv has the option to answer or not... It'd be nice to have that option...

It gives you the option to answer or reject a call if the phone is unlocked when it rings. If the phone is locked you get the 'slide to unlock'.:thumbup: