PDA

View Full Version : "cannot connect to itunes store"

MacRobbo
6th September 2008, 03:18 PM
I get this message all the time (see thread title), and very rarely can connect to the app store. How do i fix this?

Huy
6th September 2008, 03:24 PM
Check network/connectivity?

WiFi?
3G?
GPRS?

MacRobbo
6th September 2008, 03:25 PM
Happens on all of them. i just got thru then but rarely can i get through at all.

Huy
6th September 2008, 03:27 PM
Restart iPhone.
Reset Network Settings.
Airplane mode ON then OFF.
Restore firmware. :p
Try another SIM.
Try another WiFi AP (e.g. neighbour's)
Try another ISP (e.g. neighbour's).

Anything?
App Store works fine here.

rob05
6th September 2008, 03:47 PM
I have the same issue when using itunes it looks like apple maybe doing some work for the upcoming itunes 8

dotComrade
6th September 2008, 03:49 PM
I am getting this message when trying to update apps from the computer interface. The funny thing is, even though it comes up with that error, the app will still download.

MacRobbo
6th September 2008, 04:01 PM
tried all that except neighbours ISP and WIFI, they don't actually have WIFI and there arent any other neighbours.

macuzer
15th September 2008, 08:01 PM
Since updating to iTunes 8 _and trying to connect to the US Store_ I'm getting a 'Could not complete the itunes Store request. The Store may be busy. Check your Internet connection or try again later' error coming up. BUT this is only on my iMac running 10.4.11, Whereas my laptop (using the same airport connection) but running Leopard has no problem at all. Both work fine on the AUS store. Furthermore I can still search the US store and even make purchases, but can't drill back to the 'home' button on iTunes without the same error.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?:confused:

macuzer
15th September 2008, 10:39 PM
... Still interested to hear if other Tiger users are having trouble getting onto the US Store in iTunes8?:confused:

MacRobbo
30th September 2008, 05:39 PM
still having random problems - and this thread is about the iPhone. Theres not trouble with iTunes 8 for me. I can almost always connect to the iTunes Music store on iPhone but rarely can I connect to the App Store. It just says 'cannot connect to iTunes store" restarting the router works for a while - maybe a day or two, then problems persist. Safari has had no problems, weather has had no problems and stocks hasnt and maps hasnt.

Maybe the router firewall on the main pc on our network is stopping the phone from accessing the internet, itunes specific? I dont know. I just need some ideas.