PDA

View Full Version : Using Idvd

canningp
27th April 2005, 01:01 PM
Hello
I have created my home movie using imovie. This includes adding text to far far away, about 10 mins of photo show which includes (3) songs to accompany the slideshow, followed by 80mins of video footage.

I get no errors in iDVD, only that it makes it past encoding sits on multilexing and burning, until I stop it up to a day later.

It has sometimes burnt something, and other times nothing.
The part it has burnt, can be some footage which stops and the music and the audio of the video keeps going.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the footage too long? Or is it a bug?
Please help me!!

Peter

hawker
27th April 2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Peter,

Need a bit more information? What computer are you running iDVD on? What version of iDVD is it?

Are you using photo slideshow in iDVD?

Although I can tell you that iDVD, if the qauilty is set to "best" - you can have no longer than about 60 minutes of actual "video" on the DVD. That could be a start.

sikosis
27th April 2005, 01:23 PM
Well everytime I try to use iDVD, it crashes. I'm yet to see it do anything but ...

hawker
27th April 2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by sikosis@Apr 27 2005, 01:23 PM
Well everytime I try to use iDVD, it crashes. I'm yet to see it do anything but ...
yeah :o

is your version the latest? I couldn't remember!

estoyloco
27th April 2005, 01:33 PM
There was one stage when i had a "backup copy" of IDVD 4. It would never burn properly. It would crash. Its the only program on a mac that has ever crashed on me

Now that i have my original version back it works fine.

Are you using an original?

sikosis
27th April 2005, 01:36 PM
@hawker ... yup version 5.01

hawker
27th April 2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by estoyloco@Apr 27 2005, 01:33 PM
There was one stage when i had a "backup copy" of IDVD 4. It would never burn properly. It would crash. Its the only program on a mac that has ever crashed on me
Why would you use a back up copy?

Back up copies are always dodgy. But anyway, that could be the fault, but I think its more to do with disk overloading.

I have never had much success with putting more than about 60 minutes of video on a DVD. I think its the way iDVD encodes if you go over that causes alot of problems...

I am hoping its sorted out in iDVD 5! Haven't tried yet though...

canningp
29th April 2005, 01:17 PM
Thankyou for your reply

I have an emac G4 1.25
80GB HD, and 750MB ram

I only purchased it at xmas, so I believe the version of iMovie, iDVD etc is
Version 4.

I know there is a button for up to 1 hour of footage and over 1 hour. I have selected the the one for over 1 hour

I am creating the combined slideshow and imported movie from my DV Camera, in iMovie, then creating a DVD from within iMovie

Peter

TorranceTM
29th April 2005, 01:37 PM
Hello Peter :D

Your software versions are:
Mac OS 10.3.8
iDVD 4.0.1
iMovie 4.0.1

There is a superdrive firmware update available that may help the issue.

But as you know I don't know a lot about Macs and am still waiting for my damn Mac Mini.

How much free space is available when it is doing the multiplexing and burning?

:ph34r: