PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone and TurboSIM where to buy?

Spoon1337
5th September 2008, 02:32 PM
I just purchased my iPhone 3G from ebay as you can't purchase them outright anymore. The seller told me it was unlocked. When it arrived it was locked on vodafone and I am on three.

Went to vodafone to ask about unlocking and they say that vodafone does't not have the unlock codes yet and they are having problems getting them. So the next thing I can think of is the turboSIM. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy them in the Brisbane area. I don't want to wait 2 weeks from ebay. Also does the turboSIM work with three?

Thanks.

WhiteiPhone
5th September 2008, 03:29 PM
I just purchased my iPhone 3G from ebay as you can't purchase them outright anymore. The seller told me it was unlocked. When it arrived it was locked on vodafone and I am on three.

Went to vodafone to ask about unlocking and they say that vodafone does't not have the unlock codes yet and they are having problems getting them. So the next thing I can think of is the turboSIM. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy them in the Brisbane area. I don't want to wait 2 weeks from ebay. Also does the turboSIM work with three?

Thanks.

Dude have you connected it to iTunes?
Do that and Download the update and update it without a sim in it.
Then when finished put your 3 sim in and try!

Btw if the seller says it's unlocked contact the seller! If his lying contact eBay.

But try what I said before

Spoon1337
5th September 2008, 03:32 PM
Already gone through all that man. Its locked. For sure, I contacted the ebay user but not ebay. The user is now not registered. Whats my luck here? What can my outcome be if I contact ebay?

bengrubb
5th September 2008, 03:35 PM
*Shifty eyes* move along

Spoon1337
5th September 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I went through everything. The only thing I can do is get a turbosim and wait till vodafone unlocks it.

Is that the iPhone 3G TurboSIM?

bengrubb
5th September 2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I went through everything. The only thing I can do is get a turbosim and wait till vodafone unlocks it.

Is that the iPhone 3G TurboSIM?

No idea.

There's a difference?

Spoon1337
5th September 2008, 03:49 PM
Did you purchase it for a 3G or 2G iPhone?

Comet
5th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Do what's mentioned here http://forums.mactalk.com.au/47/53730-unlocking-vodafone-outright-iphone-3g-3.html#post619696

$75 is better than a TurboSIM solution that might not last the next firmware upgrade.

Spoon1337
5th September 2008, 04:08 PM
Apparently vodafone doesnt have the codes for the unlock atm. they are having trouble getting them. Thats what a rep told me last night.

Comet
5th September 2008, 04:10 PM
Apparently vodafone doesnt have the codes for the unlock atm. they are having trouble getting them. Thats what a rep told me last night.

There is no such thing as an unlock code. They take your IMEI number and phone number. All they do is send your IMEI number to Apple to request it to be unlocked. Unlock codes are for the NOKIAs which require you to type in a code to unlock. You need to be a customer of vodafone to get this to happen so best you follow the instructions mentioned.

WhiteiPhone
5th September 2008, 06:49 PM
Already gone through all that man. Its locked. For sure, I contacted the ebay user but not ebay. The user is now not registered. Whats my luck here? What can my outcome be if I contact ebay?

if the user is no longer registered
you can a full refund if you paid with paypal.
create a dispute wth paypal saying the issues you have (not unlocked when it was said to be and any other issues you may have)
paypal will investigate it (aka if the user is not registered paypal will just refund your money in the next 10days)