PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G lost WiFi after jailbreak

reservin
4th September 2008, 01:01 PM
Hi, I have iPhone 3G from optus and i did jailbreak last night.
I tried my best with iPhone and could not solve it, so i'm making a thread.
My iPhone 3G firmware was 2.0.1 since i bought it and I could use my home WiFi network with no problem at all.
I used winpwn 2.5 BETA2 to jailbreak 2.0.2 ipsw, then all the process went smooth.
First time I click "No" for activation and "Yes" for youtube activation, then after i restore custom ipsw from itunes, it was success.
However iPhone showed no carrier name, which means no service.
So I tried with "No" for activation and also "No" for youtube activation.
It went smooth again, and finally it shows "OPTUS 3G".
The problem starts from here, i could not connect to my WiFi which is my home wireless network. My desktop, laptop, PSP working nice with wirells but not for iPhone 3G.
it shows its connected, but can check weather, stocks or login to app store etc.
THEN, I tried with 2.0.1 ipsw ---> jailbreak is success again but not working WiFi too
THEN, I tried with Winpwn 2.0.0.4 with 2.0.2 ipsw ---> SAME
THEN, I tried with Winpwn 2.0.0.4 with 2.0.1 ipsw ---> SAME

Add this up, I used Winpwn 2.5 BETA with 2.0.1 ipsw and 2.0.2 ipsw
Winpwn 2.0.0.4 with 2.0.1 ipsw and 2.0.2 ipsw

All of that jailbreak is fine, I can connect app store, cydia, weather etc with 3G network, but not with WiFi. :confused:

If anyone can help me, please do so..
Also everyone who read my long(?) thread, thanks you[/B][/B]

mitty
4th September 2008, 01:03 PM
I would restore with stock firmware via itunes.

Then download Quickpwn and pwn using that. There is no reason to use winpwn with the 3G anymore, as quickpwn does the same thing, much quicker.

reservin
4th September 2008, 01:05 PM
mitty > will it fix my WiFi problem? do you know it by any chance? and thx

mitty
4th September 2008, 01:10 PM
^I'd imagine it would. not sure why it's not working however, as if you've got 3g you should have wifi.

When I first got my iphone i did have problems connecting to wifi, but suddenly it came right with absolutely no explanation at all, and this was before I jailbroke my phone. You could just wait and see if it fixes itself.

Good luck (and welcome to Mactalk!)

BTW here's a good guide to quickpwn.

QuickPwn (Windows) Guide (http://theiphoneproject.org/index.php/faq/32-languages/109-quickpwn-windows-guide)

reservin
4th September 2008, 01:16 PM
I'm downloadin quckpwn 1.5 to try again, can stand it with no WiFi.. -_-;;
Thx for your advise..^^

btw anyone else having same problem as me or advise to solve this?

faith
9th September 2008, 10:43 AM
yeah, i'm having the same problem at the moment.

before the jailbreak, wireless worked fine from any network i could connect to. now, it works at home and uni, but not while on the work wireless network, which also worked previously before i jailbroke the phone with 2.0.2 firmware. it just says it's not connected to the internet. annoying!

eremiya
21st November 2008, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone,

To restore your wifi, you just need to go to settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
Reboot and you are good to go!!!

eremiya
Think differently