PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G - Jailbroken - GPS Issue

fickwalker
3rd September 2008, 03:11 PM
Anyone out there have a problem with their GPS since they completed jailbreaking their iPhone 3G?

Before I did the jailbreak, GPS worked absolutely perfectly, down to following along in real time when driving. Last night, I commenced jailbreaking my iPhone (everything completed successfully, with no errors) and today, when attempting to use GPS, all I get is a very wide circle indicating that I'm in the Sydney CBD. Pre-jailbreak, it would pinpoint exactly where I was, down to which side of my office building I was in.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Better yet, does anyone know how to FIX it so it works the way it used to?

Many thanks in advance.

Linux_insidev2
3rd September 2008, 03:21 PM
It's probably not a problem with the Jailbreak

Sometimes the GPS can't get a lock, so it goes off the Tower and Wifi location services which means it'll give you a giant round crosshair covering your general area.

fickwalker
3rd September 2008, 03:39 PM
Hrm. Weird.

Thanks Linux! I'll give it a bash when I get home or something, see if there's any difference.

EDIT: There was indeed a difference. Seems the 3 network has trouble locating you when you're indoors. Outdoors, it works perfectly.

Fino_Mac
7th September 2008, 01:44 PM
I got that wide circle on Maps around the same time as you, but it ended up sorting itself out.