PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Outright

Samslice12
2nd September 2008, 02:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering, what carriers are still offering the iPhone outright. On the optus website i cant find anything and same with the telstra website. Also, who is offering the phone on prepaid that can then be unlocked as well?

fickwalker
2nd September 2008, 03:48 PM
Telstra is no longer selling the 16gb model outright. Only 8gb.

Samslice12
2nd September 2008, 03:52 PM
How much would it cost?

fickwalker
2nd September 2008, 03:53 PM
Around $750 for the 8gb. This price could (read: is likely) to go up to at least $760 in the next few days (if it hasn't already).

Macx
2nd September 2008, 03:54 PM
Why dont you contact a TLife shop and find out. Last I heard the 8 Gig models were around $730 mark ?? Correct me if im wrong.

leon
2nd September 2008, 03:55 PM
Bought an 8GB outright from T-life chadstone last week for my wife. Cost $726.

Samslice12
2nd September 2008, 04:04 PM
Sweet Thankyou, what do you guys think of the LG Viewty in terms of cost/features compared to the iPhone? Also, how long do you reckon it will be until the iPhone will be superceded, in other words, how long do you think it will last until it will need to be replaced?

WhiteiPhone
2nd September 2008, 06:32 PM
Sweet Thankyou, what do you guys think of the LG Viewty in terms of cost/features compared to the iPhone? Also, how long do you reckon it will be until the iPhone will be superceded, in other words, how long do you think it will last until it will need to be replaced?

go for the LG its heaps better, its a iPhone killer, dont even bother with the iPhone if you want a LG viewty :p

dude the veiwty is shit, wouldnt even want to have it.
iphone life = 1yr

basseyy
2nd September 2008, 06:34 PM
I just bought my new white iphone from optus $849 - Elizabeth st, melbourne, diagonally opposite St Francis Church :)

Comet
2nd September 2008, 06:36 PM
I just bought my new white iphone from optus $849 - Elizabeth st, melbourne, diagonally opposite St Francis Church :)

Is that through prepay?

basseyy
2nd September 2008, 06:38 PM
Is that through prepay?

Yes, but the guy told me just to put in my optus sim and connect to itunes and it worked. You do get a new sim card with the phone but do not have to use it. my old sim card works perfectly

basseyy
2nd September 2008, 06:54 PM
its worth going there ASAP and see if you can a copy, remember, ry to avoid the chinese lady, and speak to a guy called jason - he is much easier to deal with

nice43592
2nd September 2008, 07:09 PM

OMG!
Where is it?

What is the nearest train station around there?

Do they still hav prepaid in stock?

basseyy
2nd September 2008, 11:23 PM
OMG!
Where is it?

What is the nearest train station around there?

Do they still have prepaid in stock?

melbourne - Optus World - NOT the one on crn of Elizabeth and Collins St - but further up Elizabeth street, just before Lonsdale St. I dont know if they have any left, but another customer before me also bought one, so I am guessing they do have stock left. Try and speak to a guy called Jason - he was very helpful. AVOID the asian lady, she wont sell it to you unless you go on a contract, but Jason will sell.Good luck

forno
3rd September 2008, 08:28 AM

If you look after it it could last many years, my mum is still using my 8210 hand me down:thumbup:

Although she now has an apple in her eye:eek: