PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook As A Moniter?

The_Customer
26th April 2005, 04:45 PM
hey,

ive order a 15" PB SD (my first mac) and i have a pc too which is a pretty good system for editing movies and the like, got heaps of ram and that, but i was wondering i have a huge 19" CRT moniter on my desktop that i want to get rid of so i was just wondering if its possible to get a powerbook to run as a display for my pc tower?

if not can people suggest a way that i can use my pc with my powerbook, like would networking it be the best way? (but not having a moniter and keyboard plugged into the system, just have the tower on, like a server type thing?). or something else? cause it has a huge 250gb drive on it thats almost full and can't move all that stuff over to my new powerbook.

thanks for any help.

P.S i can't contain how exited i am about getting the new powerbook, after drooling for so long over one i could finally afford it!! YEW!! :D

iSlayer
26th April 2005, 04:47 PM
nope wont work

funkmaster_dan
26th April 2005, 04:54 PM
Networking your powerbook and the windows tower is possible, infact it should be easy.

Just connect them with a crossover cable or whatever you prefer, enable file sharing on the tower and your powerbook should be able to connect and browse its hard drive.

king89
26th April 2005, 04:55 PM
You can just networked then and run RDC (free from Microsoft) and you can access your files that way. If you wirelessly network your computers together, then you can sit anywhere in your house and have access to your files.

But get used to your powerbook first, you might never want to go back to your PC. :P

The_Customer
26th April 2005, 05:10 PM
thanks ya'll thought it was the case...

and ya'll so quick! had an answer within two minutes of posting that question... my aging mother takes longer than that to answer a question, and she's right next to me!!!

Squozen
26th April 2005, 05:14 PM
OMG! Slap some respect into your son, Mrs_Customer!! :D