PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 3g on 3 / three network jailbreak

icephone
1st September 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi

I have a Iphone 3g purchased outright from telstra which has now been unlocked, $150 fee waved. woo hoo !! ..

I am now currently using a 3 sim and have recently updated my firmware to 2.0.2 and was just wondering if any1 has managed to jailbreak their phone using the winpwn 2.5, and still manage to get service on 3.

If so can you please provide the steps as to how you did this.

Cheers !

harrisonx
1st September 2008, 09:46 PM
I didn't use WinPwn, but I have used PwnageTool and QuickPwn on Mac to jailbreak my unlocked iPhone, also bought from Telstra and being used with 3.

It works fine without much trouble, just make sure you uncheck the "activate" option when building the IPSW [you have to go into advanced] and just let iTunes do it's own activation once it's been restored

twadds
1st September 2008, 10:03 PM
How did you manage to get the unlocking fee waived? May I ask?

icephone
2nd September 2008, 10:27 AM
I paid for the $150 unlocking fee, and just got them to credit my account with $150 as I argued that they can't charge an unlocking fee on a outright purchase.

icephone
2nd September 2008, 10:31 AM
has any1 had success jailbreaking using windows, and now working with 3 ??

LennyX
2nd September 2008, 11:10 AM
Jailbreaking doesn't affect your phone/carrier service at all so you'll be fine. If anything goes wrong you can restore in iTunes and everything will be the same as it was before you jailbroke it. From what I gather about the official iPhone unlocks, they check your IMEI against a database and if you're on it, the phone just unlocks itself.

icephone
2nd September 2008, 12:55 PM
humm If this is the case why does it ask if you are not on an official carrier during the pwnage process using winpwn 2.5?

Quote. ..........................
Step Seven
WinPwn will now ask if you want to activate your iPhone. If you are not on an official carrier then you will want to click the green thumbs up button.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm aware you can restore it to default before the jailbreak but unfortunately I don't have a Telstra sim anymore so won't be able to activate the phone, so was hoping to avoid this if possible.

Comet
2nd September 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't think it matters what SIM card you have. Just try it and see how you go. Once you get it pwned, then once you connect it to iTunes it should activate it automagically. If you make the pwnage tool to activate it, then you'll get that no service issue.

icephone
2nd September 2008, 11:35 PM
Success !!! I've manage to jailbreak my unlocked iphone 3g 16gb from telstra

I first updated my firmware to 2.0.2.

downloaded winpwn 2.5 and followed the steps on Iclarified.com