PDA

View Full Version : Safari Constantly Crashing

AdrianM
1st September 2008, 11:12 AM
Is anyone else experiencing Safari routinely crashing - usually on quite intensive sites - for example The Age frequently crashes, as do a number of other sites. This happens pretty much every time I use it for an extended period of time (i.e. over 5 minutes)

My Contact and SMS lag appears to be getting worse, the wait for contacts to load, and particularly to select a letter from the right of the screen is taking 10 seconds or there abouts. Very hard to show your friends how great the phone is when even the simplest of tasks is so embarrassingly slow! :eek:

BTW, I didn't notice safari crashing very often with 2.0 or 2.0.1...

ghettro
1st September 2008, 05:45 PM
yes I get crashing a lot with smh.com.au (sister site of the age), i notice that it loads quite a lot quicker when you turn off the javascript. smh has a lot of javascript which is probably why it takes a while to load.

stinger5158
1st September 2008, 06:03 PM
hey, I've noticed it on mine too, I have only used 2.0.2 though... sorry I don't have any solution

DJY
1st September 2008, 06:55 PM
occasional crashes...
but far too many frustrations when I see "Safari Can't find the server" error which - is fixed my refreshing the page!!
sigh

WindowsVista
1st September 2008, 11:23 PM
I get the occasional crash on safari. An App i downloaded (doodleit) is shocking though. If you can run it for more then two minutes your extremely lucky. It's free so I shouldn't expect to much!

Reubania
1st September 2008, 11:41 PM
I've had Safari crash consistently with these two websites:

Connex Melbourne Trains Australia - Home (http://www.connexmelbourne.com.au)

and

Metlink - Your guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria (http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au)

Which is a shame - since they are fundamentally the same thing - looking up train timetables. I could use iTransit - but it only looks up the next available train/tram etc. I need the whole table to check up available trains....and it sucks when I'm out and about and need to catch a train and wanting to know the next few options..and then to have Safari crash out on me. :thumbdn:

Mecha
1st September 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah i get it now and then. Only happens on the info heavy sites like afl.com.au. I hope this gets fixed in the rumored September patch.

Ventrue
1st September 2008, 11:42 PM
Even ipod crashes a lot if u have all ur music with album artwork
anybody experiencing the same problem?