PDA

View Full Version : 2G Iphone and no incoming calls?

squareenix
31st August 2008, 02:07 AM
Hi Everyone,

So I bought a unlocked 2G 8gb jailbreak Iphone (1.1.4 firmware) knowing that without the insomnia application turned on, the phone can't receive incoming calls or sms in sleep mode. It's been working great except the battery would only last a day because insomnia keeps the connection alive. I found a massive thread about it here [sleep mode] no incoming call - Hackint0sh (http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7699)

I read on last few pages that Pwnage worked on some people but for others it did not work.
My question for fellow 2G Iphone users are:
Has anyone else had this problem? If so what have done about it?
Should I use as it is or get the WinPwn (as I have a pc) with 2.0.2 firmware?
Or do you have any advise that you can give me? thanks in advance.

Huy
31st August 2008, 02:13 AM
The iPhone can receive calls and text messages while in sleep mode.

It wouldn't make any sense to have to keep the iPhone 'awake' (screen on) to receive calls/SMSes.

NathR32
31st August 2008, 09:52 AM
The iPhone can receive calls and text messages while in sleep mode.

It wouldn't make any sense to have to keep the iPhone 'awake' (screen on) to receive calls/SMSes.

I think he meant he bought a 2nd hand iPhone, that was faulty in the fact that it could not recieve calls or SMSs in sleep mode, like other iPhones can. I remember seeing an iPhone for sale that had a desciption like this, satying that the use of Insomnia is necessary.

On topic, I haven't come across any other iPhone with this particular problem so I can't be of much help.
If it were me, I would be getting my hands on a copy of 2.0.2, and Pwnage (or Quickpwn) and updating it.

squareenix
31st August 2008, 11:42 AM
Yes I bought it 2nd hand. Ok I guess I'll WinPwn and get 2.0.2 in there. Any other advise guys?

I think he meant he bought a 2nd hand iPhone, that was faulty in the fact that it could not recieve calls or SMSs in sleep mode, like other iPhones can. I remember seeing an iPhone for sale that had a desciption like this, satying that the use of Insomnia is necessary.

On topic, I haven't come across any other iPhone with this particular problem so I can't be of much help.
If it were me, I would be getting my hands on a copy of 2.0.2, and Pwnage (or Quickpwn) and updating it.

squareenix
31st August 2008, 11:05 PM
I've found a solution guys. It was such a simple solution! All my calls were farwarded to my voice mail, I found this post My unlocked iPhone w/ tmobile will not receive calls. It goes straight to voicemail. - Mac Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=356150&highlight=can%27t+receive+calls)