PDA

View Full Version : 12'' Ibook Screen Repair/replacement?

fuzzala
25th April 2005, 05:35 PM
I was wondering wether it was possible to purchase a new screen for a 12'' iBook? Would it be terribly expensive? :(
Plese don't ask me what I did to it because I will neverrrrrrr tell ;)

paulharrop
25th April 2005, 05:40 PM
Yes! Expensive! I seem to remember something about near a grand (I could be wrong!!)

Paul

fuzzala
25th April 2005, 06:04 PM
:blink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
FWOAH!
that's a little hard for me to understand.. it's the thinner piece.. how can it cost sooo much? *ahem*
Maybe it would just be easier to buy a new one??
Thank You for the help :X

LCGuy
25th April 2005, 10:33 PM
It'll cost about 700 bucks i think. The only thing i can suggest to you is to plug in an external display, and enjoy your new Mac mini. ;)

Goodbye
25th April 2005, 11:18 PM
You know someone is going to ask, don't you?

So what did you do to it? :P

House
26th April 2005, 12:01 AM
erm... how about this thread from LAST WEEK?

Cost To Repair Ibook Lcd, how much to repair a cracked lcd screen (http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=6629&hl=)

fuzzala
29th April 2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the help..
My laptop is going to end up costing $1200 to repair.. so I decided that I would buy another one....i live in regional qld so like .. "there's a 2-3 week luv" :angry:
FAAAAABULOUS!!!
YESS House.. I can see the thread where laptop shortage has already been mentioned so you don't need to make reference to it and make me feel like a st00pid n00b :huh:

Goodbye: It had a close encounter with the ceiling fan :lol:

G Ess
1st May 2005, 02:13 PM
Check this site out;

http://www.pbparts.com/shop/n12lcd.html

Greg Smith

House
1st May 2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by fuzzala@Apr 29 2005, 11:09 AM
YESS House.. I can see the thread where laptop shortage has already been mentioned so you don't need to make reference to it and make me feel like a st00pid n00b :huh:

Excuse me?? I think you should check the link, or even read the link text again. "Cost To Repair Ibook Lcd, how much to repair a cracked lcd screen" was a thread from last fortnight precisely answering your initial post. It has nothing to do with laptop shortages.