PDA

View Full Version : Built In Tazer In Ibook And Pbook

Rayd
25th April 2005, 02:23 AM
i have a iBook G4 1ghz and here's what happened...

... one night my cousin was playing with my iBook and i was sitting facing the back of the LCD (i could see the apple logo) and i wanted to see what he was doing... so i put the back of my chin up against the LCD and it touched the tiny metal hook thing that locks in when you close the iBook... and what happened!? i got zapped! it isn't a big zap fells like someone plucked a hair out of your chin... now i cant help but do it over and over again! ... the wired thing is that it only works on the chin :|

EDIT: have had reports that this doesn't work on pBook's maybe its because of it using earth metals in the case?

Fear
25th April 2005, 02:38 AM
The lcd's have inverter boards in them like 12v dc to something like 500v to power the fluro/cold cathode light your obviously shorting it out some how, it should not be shorting out you may risk frying your logic board or other components in the process, defiantly a silly thing to do mate.

bergerac
25th April 2005, 02:41 AM
hmm the hook seems safely hidden away in my screen....doesnt pop out untill its nearly closed... couldnt get my chin anywhere near it.. oh well..

downsys
25th April 2005, 04:11 AM
this has happened to me many times before...not the chin though. fingers most of the time. not just that part, but other parts of the ibook too. i.e, the charger port, or the tip of the ibook (have no idea why, coz it's plastic)

Rayd
25th April 2005, 10:10 AM
the hook isnt sticking out obviously, but i still dont get why that part has charge?

iSlayer
25th April 2005, 10:26 AM
its probably static