PDA

View Full Version : Take Video on iPhone

Bima
23rd August 2008, 09:31 AM
Cydia just released a new App in their repostiries to allow video capture with the iPhone camera.
Doesn't look to bad though I think there are limitations considering it is an App and not a video camera as such. But it appears to work OK. Captures, encodes and saves, uploads etc etc..

iPhone Video Recorder for 3G V2.0 (http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/)

asgr8
23rd August 2008, 09:33 AM
yes. Trying that now too. Looks nice

Bima
23rd August 2008, 09:57 AM
Yep looks alright to me but then again I had an eye operation two days ago so my sight is not up to scratch yet. Look forward to see how it goes for others trying it.

NathR32
23rd August 2008, 10:06 AM
Didn't work for me. Installed it this morning and just had a black screen. Pressed record, let it go for about 10 seconds and stopped it. Got stuck on the encoding screen and I had to reset the phone.

lefty22
23rd August 2008, 10:16 AM
If you purchased the previous version also, your code still work in this one i've found. I purchased it sometime ago, glad i still works! :).

Erwin
23rd August 2008, 10:39 AM
Can't wait for a video app that works for a non-jailbroken iPhone.

Tragedies
23rd August 2008, 03:04 PM
Looks very promising :o

lbeaumont
24th August 2008, 12:37 AM
A free one was released called Cycorder. Videorecorder3g doesn't work for me, Cycorder does and was free. Win win.

NathR32
24th August 2008, 01:08 PM
No audio yet though, but it is a start.

lefty22
24th August 2008, 01:55 PM
Can't wait for a video app that works for a non-jailbroken iPhone.

There most likely won't be. Not until apple upgrade the camera anyway. I think i heard (and makes sense) that the SDK doesn't allow for such a purpose. If there was going to be video recording, apple would have done it themselves by now. To be honest, the video recording quality isn't all that GREAT with these video recorders. I don't even really bother with it unless its something that is really worth it and it's all i have.

Next iPhone i think we'll see it.

kantush
24th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Here's a review of this video application with a sample video as well.

iPhone Gets Video Recorder (http://www.iphonewiki.com.au/iphone-gets-video-recorder/)

dathnoth
1st September 2008, 10:16 AM
I just installed Cycorder and works well for me. Another good reason to jailbreak :)