PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Wont Repeat Action When Key Held Down

Mac_Switcher
24th April 2005, 10:59 PM
whenever I hold down a key - any key - it (the OS i think) refuses to acknowledge that I am still holding down the key, it won't respond until i release the key and press it again.

It happens in any app, in any situation:

Safari: entering text into a text-box, using arrow keys to scroll through menu's (eg: "--Quick Jump--" at top right), entering text into Google search box/address bar, etc

wtf is happening here? ALL keys on my keyboard work just fine (except for this problem) , sure it's a little dirty (crumbs, dirt, etc under keys) but that's never effected it before)

If anyone knows what's going on please tell me!:thumbup:

glenmorrow
24th April 2005, 11:32 PM
Go to the Apple menu, click System Preferences, then Keyboard & Mouse.
When the dialogue box comes up, make sure you're on the Keyboard tab, then you will see two scroll bars, one for key repeat and the other for delay before key repeat. Make sure the Delay it set to something higher than zero and there's a box there where you can test out what you're doing to make sure it works.

Try this and let me know how it goes.

Glen

butters
24th April 2005, 11:32 PM
If you goto System Preferences and then Keyboard & Mouse.. check that your Key Repeat Rate is up near fast and that your Delay Until Repeat is not off.

Matt.

Mac_Switcher
25th April 2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for ur help butters and glenmorrow, but my keyboard decided to start working again eithout doing any of this. Dunno wat happened/what i did, but it works!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!