PDA

View Full Version : Calling The People Who Care

Jimbo
23rd April 2005, 05:12 PM
Ok, so for a few months i've been wanting to work on a audio visual presentation, that basically causes people to stop and think about how good their lives really are, WITHOUT being too cliche, so there will be no 'an eye for an eye' quotes and things like that...

So, i'm asking for ideas, photos facts (with sources) and the like to chuck into this collaboration.
It'll be fused with the Rage against the machine cover of 'beautiful world' which if you don't know it... the lyric basically is "it's a beautiful world for you for you for you, but not for me..."

So that generally gives the idea, of what i want to do.

basically, i want people to realise what they have is great, and also to expose some of the graphic violence, rape, abuse, and slavery that is currently happening in our fucked up broken world.

Please don't give me opinions on how much i masturbate, as its not for me, i run a church, and these people are VERY sheltered! :blink:

I would like to get some footage of things, that are meaningful, and i have a camera but no funds to go to uganda, or china to video these things, so if you happen to have any lying around....

also facts that shock people will be useful too, but like i said this is a legitimate project, and credit will be given where due, so i need sources.

So if you wanna tell me stuff here or whatever go nuts, i know a lot of people that have also had this idea, but yeah.

Thankyou for your time :D

the_OM
23rd April 2005, 05:30 PM
You can download the beheadings of most of the hostages that were executed in Iraq. That'd shock people.

You could probably download anything you'd want really..... it's pretty shocking what people video tape themselves really.

But the danger in downloading all these clips is that its other peoples work and not your own orignal work, so your more like a collaborator.
But still, put some sad music behind it, when people scream make sure the volume is up and you've got something that'd shock people...... it'd be sick, but it'd shock.

By the way, people are exposed to violence, rape, abuse and slavery everyday and many great film-makers have attempted to do what your doing, but people still choose to do nothing.

With that said, good-luck.

feeze
23rd April 2005, 06:19 PM
http://www.thememoryhole.org/

It is a US wen site and is heavily focused on the US Government and Military. It has a few images from Iraq such as coffins of US soldiers, images of wounded US soldiers and pictures and videos of hostages exectuded by terrorists.

zefi
23rd April 2005, 06:21 PM
I don't see how you are going to make people feel good about their lives if you show them the depravity of the world.

That said, I did an AV project on human suffering. I used a lot of photos taken from the Iraq conflict (just a quick google search for 'war' revealed a lot of shocking photos), but at the end there was something positive. Something to look forward to and focus on.

Maybe you want to give that a try?

gmask1
23rd April 2005, 07:10 PM
All I can say is that if you're looking for meaningful footage, you first need to figure out what would carry that meaning to the audience you're presenting to. Photos and footage of war and autrocities might be meaningful to many, but inappropriate, tasteless or cliched to others.

Jimbo
24th April 2005, 12:10 PM
well like i said, it not really my idea, and i'm not sure of the direction (always unclear with the church!) but yeah, its getting a bit lame already, and i may give up...

the om: i think you've got the wrong idea, its not aimed at making people throw up... just realize that their 300 bucks a week paycheck is a shiteload of cash compared to what 98% of the world have.

and zefi as for the positive, its part of a presentation, so i'm assuming there will be a positive 'christian response'

hawker
24th April 2005, 12:14 PM
As a person we are just a pebble in the sea. as a nation we are a collection of pebbels in that sea. But then again, it only takes one pebble to piss in that sea ;)

AusMac
24th April 2005, 12:48 PM
Jimbo.. You need to make the direction; plan it, write it up and call for specific images pertaining to your projected visualization.