PDA

View Full Version : There must be a good login/password App

Bima
18th August 2008, 04:51 PM
This is a copy and paste from my post to the 1Password forum.

I have been using 1Password now for a couple of weeks and no matter what I do it just stuffs up every time.

Each time I synced from the desktop version it duplicates all the logins in the iPhone App. OK I end up with thousands and can only delete them one ata time .. come on !

Manage to delete them all and sync again Lo and behold doesn't import all the logins in the desktop App but suncs from the phone and deletes the whole damned lot from the desktop version so I have none in the desktop version and none in the iPhone

So what's happening here to me multiple duplication is not syncing ?
Deleteing from the desktop version is not syncing and after all the whole idea to me is to get all my logins from the Mac to the iPhone and keep them synced as I make new ones for new websites ?

What's happening here ? I know I am not completely stupid and I do not have these kind of problems with other syncing programs ?

An answer would be good with some more detailed instruction on how to get this program sorted before I just dump it as rubbish and call it wasted money.
Please.

Flinders1231
18th August 2008, 05:08 PM
Did you get a response from the 1Password Forum?

Flinders1231
18th August 2008, 05:12 PM
You delete the database if you re-install 1Password app on iPhone. Then you should be able to start again without problem?

Bima
18th August 2008, 05:17 PM
You delete the database if you re-install 1Password app on iPhone. Then you should be able to start again without problem?

Tried it every way over the whole day today. Rally I think it's just not a very nature program yet judging by the way it worked for me and from some of the posts on their forum which begins with a plea to promote the program.

Apple has to get something syncing with Keychain for the iPhone I think.

Bima
18th August 2008, 05:18 PM
Did you get a response from the 1Password Forum?

No not yet Flinders

johnq
19th August 2008, 12:13 PM
I have been using 1Password on my Mac and iPhone for some time - on the phone previously the web app (for want of a better term) and now the native app. It works very well for me. The only issue that I have had it a need to resync with the Mac when the app on the phone upgrades. Otherwise stable as anything. Their support is also excellent so I would email them directly with your issues - I have received prompt response even to "dumb" questions.

Regards

John

laprius
20th August 2008, 04:29 PM
I ended up getting SplashID, haven't had any dramas with it yet....very nicely put together :) even has a nice little built-in password generator :)