PDA

View Full Version : i need a app to do spread sheets on my iphone

Rashpocket
17th August 2008, 07:22 PM
Hey i need a good app to do spread sheets on my iphone. I want an app that i can put my stock inventory and prices on so i can access my products and prices quickly. Any advise would be appreciated.

Devil
17th August 2008, 07:52 PM
I know its not what you are really looking for, but I build spreadsheets on the computer and then email them to myself. I can view the spreadsheet as an attachment but cant edit it. Helps me with product codes and prices.

reemixx
17th August 2008, 08:01 PM
I don't think said app exists yet. It'll probably will eventually though, just to make minor edits to microsoft office or iWork docs. Well, we're all hoping so anyways :)

For now, you'll probably have to come up with an alternative method such as emailing them to yourself as Devil suggested, or using an app like DataCase to wirelessly sync the spreadsheets over to your iPhone so you can view them. Neither of these methods will let you edit the spreadsheet, only view them. Can't think of anything else short of changing your entire system to an online database which would be viewable and editable from anywhere, including the iPhone.

losfp
17th August 2008, 11:03 PM
You can use Google Docs - however I believe you can only VIEW your documents, not edit.

So you simply edit them on your computer browser then you can access them via the phone.

Tom125
17th August 2008, 11:14 PM
You can use Google Docs - however I believe you can only VIEW your documents, not edit.

True - you can't create or edit Google Docs from the iPhone sadly.

If all you want to do is have the stock lists etc on your phone without wanting to edit them then I'd recommend DataCase (http://www.veiosoft.com/). You can drag and drop files easily over a wireless network from a Mac (dead easy) or a PC (easyish) to the iPhone, and then view them on the phone.