PDA

View Full Version : Help Burning Audio Cd

mervyn
22nd April 2005, 07:00 PM
trying to put together a cd-rom, but cannot get audio tracks to play on cd player. works fine on computer.
audio tracks are aiff format.
process i am using - transfer them from itunes (together with video) into new cd icon, burn cd-rom. am i missing something?

thanks
merv

iSlayer
22nd April 2005, 07:23 PM
um it sounds like you burning a data cd.
you need to do an audio cd from itunes

suryo
22nd April 2005, 07:45 PM
To further clarify what islayer said, you need to go into iTunes Preferences > Burning, and select Audio CD as the disc format.

hawker
22nd April 2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by islayer@Apr 22 2005, 07:23 PM
um it sounds like you burning a data cd.
you need to do an audio cd from itunes
Or if you have Toast installed you can create an audio CD in that. However iTunes is easier :)

Paxton
22nd April 2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by hawker@Apr 22 2005, 08:02 PM
Or if you have Toast installed you can create an audio CD in that. However iTunes is easier :)
If you have a good look at Toast, and try, you will see that you can transfer songs directly from your library into a template in Toast. I was doing this when I had my Discman, especially because it displayed the track names. I have been using this because I found it was simple enough. I have not tried burning in iTunes recently.

-Andrew

geektechnu
22nd April 2005, 09:39 PM
Final possibility is that the CD player doesn't read CD-R.
Rare these days, I know... but still possible.

AusMac
22nd April 2005, 09:53 PM
Yes I have that problem from time to time Not with CD's I have made but yes with CD's others have made. There are a few factors such as age of machines or application software used in the burning and indeed user knowledge of settings to be applied during burning.
Sometimes the CD player needs to be repaired, also.
I had to get the combo drive replaced in this G4 MirrorDoor within a month of purchase .. because it could not read CD's, could read DVD but not CD.
You can test your CD-R player, in your computer to see if an embedded or printed CD will play or a burned CD will play.. This indicates that there are differences.