PDA

View Full Version : Social Networking

Akshunhiro
12th August 2008, 08:36 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to see what app you use for social networking if any...

I don't have MySpace or Facebook but I have seen apps such as Twitter and WhosHere which seems pretty cool.

Only thing is, these are mostly relative to the US so I wanted to get onto one that's specific (if possible) to Australia.

Comments?

AcesHoney
12th August 2008, 08:41 PM
Myspace and Facebook with Myspace being my preferred

cmrn
12th August 2008, 08:46 PM
Twitter and Facebook are both very global, without even a hint of being US centric. Haven't tried MySpace or WhosHere, I use Twitter, Facebook and brightkite, which is like WhosHere.

Dust For Eyes
12th August 2008, 09:14 PM
Twitter and Facebook for me too. Twitter has a fair number of users here on MacTalk.

Friendfeed and Pownce will be the next big things I reckon, but they haven't got their critical masses yet.

Akshunhiro
12th August 2008, 09:32 PM
Well I've installed Twinkle & WhosHere which are the sorta apps I am interested in. Twinkle seems to be better as it has alot of users.

I like the idea of live chat with people in the area. Not to be confused with bloggers.

icant
12th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Just found out that Hahlo is developed by someone in Newcastle Australia. (not me).

Twitter / hahlo (http://twitter.com/hahlo)

Ecto1
12th August 2008, 09:41 PM
I have myspace and facebook apps don't really use then a great deal. but, still good to take random photos while i am out and about, then upload them to facebook and so forth.

jrad
12th August 2008, 10:49 PM
I have both MySpace and Facebook... I prefer Facebook because it's more about socializing and sharing content (photo-tagging, woo!) whereas MySpace is more about what your own messy page looks like and how much crap + side-scrolling you can put into your "site". Yeah Facebook has some annoying apps, but they can be easily ignored. Facebook + 1.

Kuma
12th August 2008, 10:50 PM
facebook and twitter.....
I loath and detest myspace....

elnewb
12th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Have you ever tried myspace or facebook before?

I don't have MySpace or Facebook but I have seen apps such as Twitter and WhosHere which seems pretty cool.

Twitter isn't an app as such it's a website. You use apps such as "Twitterific" to download and send the latest updates so you don't have to use the web site.

Only thing is, these are mostly relative to the US so I wanted to get onto one that's specific (if possible) to Australia.

They are not in the slightest tilted towards any country. Where did you get this idea from?

Just sign up for things and see which one you find the easiest to use or have the most friends on.

vtr009
18th August 2008, 01:07 PM
i'm one of the twitter/brightkite/flickr users harbouring a severe disdain for myspace due to the fact that the majority of it is just visually offensive. after all, you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.

also, not sure if it'sd been mentioned but http://www.ping.fm (http://www.ping.fm/) is an excellent app that allows you to update your social networking site status all in one go. i highly rate it.