PDA

View Full Version : Jobs on iPhone apps: $30 million in 30 days

Jun
12th August 2008, 12:21 AM
Apple has raked in about $30 million in sales of iPhone applications in the one month since the company opened its App Store and brought the iPhone 3G onto the market, CEO Steve Jobs told The Wall Street Journal. Jobs also sees big numbers ahead, if Apple continues its current pace of selling an average of $1 million worth of applications per day.

Jobs on iPhone apps: $30 million in 30 days | One More Thing - CNET News.com (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10013232-37.html)

Beclouder
12th August 2008, 02:25 PM
I dont think this will continue, i mean how many games of sudoku and where im apps do people want.... Atm there is way too many apps, can see apple are only concerned about money and not about quality..... i must admit i have bought a few things when it first came out, but i'm so over it now..... as most of the apps are poor quality and over priced..

decryption
13th August 2008, 01:25 PM
Mmm, that's a lot of apps.

I actually do think it will sustain itself, as the more iPhones out there, the more opportunities there are for high quality (note - high quality) apps to sell really well. Apple will be releasing the iPhone in a dozen new markets in a few weeks, so that's even more people logging in to iTunes and forking over cash for apps.

Jobs hypothesis of $1 billion/year in revenue for the App Store isn't far fetched at all in my opinion. We are still yet to see a quantity of high quality applications for the iPhone from traditional Mac developers (think Panic, Microsoft, Red Sweater Software, Rogue Amoeba, Equinux, Elgato, etc. etc.).

$30 mil in the first month is awesome, it can only grow from here on.