PDA

View Full Version : Oz WWDC Preview - Anyone Go?

kudos
11th May 2004, 10:16 PM
I registered myself for the WWDC preview in Brissy on the 4th
but was unable to make it, did anyone go?

Or know someone who did that can report??

K

Disko
11th May 2004, 10:22 PM
the_argon went tonight in adelaide. He won some DVDs. I'm sure he'll pop up and let us know all about it. :)

slowly
12th May 2004, 10:05 AM
My partner went to the Adelaide one last night too. Though he didn't win anything unfortunately.

the_argon, what dvd's did you win? My partner said there was a nice box set of the conferences (I think). Said he wouldn't have minded winning that himself :)

pipsqeek
13th May 2004, 12:30 AM
I went to the one is Syd.

Won Nothing! wanted a t-shirt!

They told us we could take the remaining show bags and dinner packs...so I did. what? my pen didn't work in the first show bag.

I am not a developer for mac, just went because I have a thirst for education. Totally opposite to when I was in High School..maybe something to do with the fact I found it irrelevant.

It was not what I expected (my first time) but it was good being surrounded by a numerous amount of hardcore Apple Geeks. But I did feel like the odd one as I answered "no" to the majority of questions regarding development.

Steve

LCGuy
13th May 2004, 08:05 AM
Lol, reminds me of a WWDC thing i went to that they had at uni last year. As it was my first time, it wasn't what i expected, but ah well. :P

pipsqeek
13th May 2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I somehow got my own wires crossed and assumed that there will be new Apple product sitting around the place. Like Gen2 G5's, iPod mini's, DP1.25Ghz G4 PB's. etc...

Instead there was a projector screen, and five PB's ranging from 17" to 12". One was mainly in use the others were just there to illustrate the power of Xgrid. Which makes me want to get a desktop machine even more....Cube w/1.25GHz Powerlogix CPU upgrade.

Steve

LCGuy
13th May 2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@May 13 2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I somehow got my own wires crossed and assumed that there will be new Apple product sitting around the place. Like Gen2 G5's, iPod mini's, DP1.25Ghz G4 PB's. etc...
Dream on. :P I thought the same thing when i went to that one last year, but nope.