PDA

View Full Version : Chances of iWork or similar in the future

gtext
10th August 2008, 09:24 PM
Once the missing copy/paste is released (hopefully) what are the chances of Apple releasing a cut down version of iWork for the iPhone. Either that or a third party releasing something similar in the app store.
Is it something that would be popular even with copy/paste missing?

elnewb
10th August 2008, 09:50 PM
I can't see many people typing docs up on their iphone somehow. Especially not large ones.

reemixx
10th August 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be some way to edit docs in the future. Obvously not a full on word processing/spreadsheet suite, but just some way to make simple edits to documents. Hopefully with support for iWork docs, though it'll probably be Word and Excel that comes first (unless Apple comes up with something beforehand).

How long it will be before we start seeing this stuff though is anyone's guess.

gtext
10th August 2008, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be some way to edit docs in the future. Obvously not a full on word processing/spreadsheet suite, but just some way to make simple edits to documents. Hopefully with support for iWork docs, though it'll probably be Word and Excel that comes first (unless Apple comes up with something beforehand).

How long it will be before we start seeing this stuff though is anyone's guess.

That was the general idea. Nothing complex.
Obviously your not going to type up large documents. Nothing to stop you I guess if you wanted to though. With apps appearing to save any document to the iPhone it makes sense to have that ability. Just word processing/spreadsheets would do.

So what's stopping in the future having (if Apple sort out the bluetooth) a bluetooth Palm type fold up keyboard. How cool would that be! I use one on the Palm. It's great.

elnewb
11th August 2008, 12:43 PM
So what's stopping in the future having (if Apple sort out the bluetooth) a bluetooth Palm type fold up keyboard. How cool would that be! I use one on the Palm. It's great.

I don't think that is apple's style. They want all in one solutions. You shouldn't have to carry around a keyboard in your pocket.

marc
11th August 2008, 12:49 PM
A dock connected, third party keyboard might be possible though (provided Apple have the software in place to allow it)...